View Full Version : 3 minor suggestions for PLAY

blackcom
08-08-2012, 01:36 PM
-Numeric values displayed for knobs and sliders

-Double-click knobs and sliders sets them back to the default value

-A high-pass filter on the master output

Plasuma!!!
08-08-2012, 01:58 PM
+1 for visible numeric values for knobs and sliders.

Double-clicking already sets some knobs back to default, although the 'default' value seems a bit inconsistent. +1 anyways, since this would be a really useful feature for the mic mixing sliders.

No comment on filters.

action9000
08-08-2012, 02:00 PM
I agree! It's too tough to line the knobs back up *exactly* on the default values. It's always off by a little bit, which is a cause for annoyance.

tayloran9
08-08-2012, 02:17 PM
I completely agree re: numerical values and double clicking.

Jose7822
08-08-2012, 02:25 PM
I completely agree re: numerical values and double clicking.

+1000

These are basic functions that needs to be addressed ASAP!

As far as adding filters, I don't find that to be essential considering that every DAW has them bundled. Yet I'm not against this feature either.

Morten Gjermundsen
08-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Yes,yes and yes. Nice suggestions :)

janat
08-08-2012, 03:07 PM
+1 for visible numeric values for knobs and sliders.

Double-clicking already sets some knobs back to default, although the 'default' value seems a bit inconsistent. +1 anyways, since this would be a really useful feature for the mic mixing sliders.

No comment on filters.

My words exactly. Lining up tens of mic position sliders in different instances would be so much easier if I could type in the value instead of staring at the monitor an inch away comparing and sliding the positions between different instruments.

Wolf
08-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Yes..., for items 1 & 2. Although in some plugins I use, double-clicking calls up an editable field where numerical values can be changed. Others respond to a double-click by resetting values to a default. I personally would prefer the "double-click" to be assigned to changing numerical values, as this feature would be used more often than a reset to defaults. Resetting to default values could be assigned to a "modifier" + "double-click" such as "ALT + double-click" IMHO.

Jose7822
08-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes..., for items 1 & 2. Although in some plugins I use, double-clicking calls up an editable field where numerical values can be changed. Others respond to a double-click by resetting values to a default. I personally would prefer the "double-click" to be assigned to changing numerical values, as this feature would be used more often than a reset to defaults. Resetting to default values could be assigned to a "modifier" + "double-click" such as "ALT + double-click" IMHO.

Ctrl + Click is what's usually used to reset parameters back to 0. So we could potentially have both an easy way to reset parameters and a way to enter exact values :-)

iMartin
08-09-2012, 02:19 PM

alt+single clicks (I believe it is called option on english keyboards) defaults knobs and faders on mac, not sure about pc (control+single click?)

double click on a parameter normally, as stated, a box to enter numeric values which I use a lot!

fbuerger2000
08-09-2012, 10:24 PM
+1

madstarr12
08-09-2012, 10:35 PM
1. +1000
2. +1000
3. +1000

Overall, yes +3000, especially for numerical values of knobs and sliders.

Jacob Thomas Czech
08-10-2012, 01:35 AM
-Numeric values displayed for knobs and sliders

-Double-click knobs and sliders sets them back to the default value

Double YES!

Chaim Goldman
08-10-2012, 05:48 AM
+1 for 1 & 2