08-09-2012, 07:54 AM
A very big +1 on this suggestion. :cool:

Casiquire
08-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Solo Strings all around!

Plasuma!!!
08-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Yup, +1 from me for the cello.

Speaking of which, I've been meaning to pick up that solo violin. Thanks for the reminder, fellas.

pkm
08-09-2012, 11:37 AM
But hopefully with longer bowings than the violin

madstarr12
08-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Better yet, an entire collection of Solo Strings. I would love to hear a greatly sampled Viola, which is a beautiful sounding instrument ignored by many.

Jose7822
08-09-2012, 12:17 PM
A Solo String library with the quality of HS. Totally +1!!

Chaim Goldman
08-10-2012, 05:58 AM
A Solo String library with the quality of HS. Totally +1!!

+1

Wolf
08-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Bump... ;)

Med8r
08-22-2012, 09:30 AM
I doubt they're going to be doing a full solo strings library any time soon. They've already spent the time and resources to do Solo Violin, which was the third time they'd sampled a violin (after SO and Gypsy). There's no reason why they should back-track and do all that recording and programming again, when the end product will be basically the same. And it just wouldn't be right to have a solo strings library that didn't have a solo violin in it. It would be like releasing HB without the trumpet patches.

So a solo strings library....I highly doubt it. But Solo Cello....that's a whole lot more likely. I think within the next year or two they'll probably do a downloadable Solo Cello pack, much like their Solo Violin. I know that for me, it would be a welcome addition, since solo cellos often find their way into a lot of my compositions...a lot more than solo violins do, actually.

Who knows, maybe they're planning on doing these downloadable solo libs for each member of the string family, and viola and contrabass could be in the works as well. Sounds logical to me.

madstarr12
08-22-2012, 02:41 PM
I doubt they're going to be doing a full solo strings library any time soon. They've already spent the time and resources to do Solo Violin, which was the third time they'd sampled a violin (after SO and Gypsy). There's no reason why they should back-track and do all that recording and programming again, when the end product will be basically the same. And it just wouldn't be right to have a solo strings library that didn't have a solo violin in it. It would be like releasing HB without the trumpet patches.

So a solo strings library....I highly doubt it. But Solo Cello....that's a whole lot more likely. I think within the next year or two they'll probably do a downloadable Solo Cello pack, much like their Solo Violin. I know that for me, it would be a welcome addition, since solo cellos often find their way into a lot of my compositions...a lot more than solo violins do, actually.

Who knows, maybe they're planning on doing these downloadable solo libs for each member of the string family, and viola and contrabass could be in the works as well. Sounds logical to me.

That's true, I don't believe releasing a single Solo Strings library would be a good idea... but releasing a Solo Strings Collection is something else. If they work on each solo instrument with the level of QL Solo Violin (Viola, Cello, and Bass) then an entire collection would exist hand in hand. Just like how the Hollywood Series was released with each section being a separate virtual instrument, each stringed instrument can be its own library, but together they would be known as the Solo Strings Collection, or something along the lines of that.

Med8r
08-23-2012, 01:45 PM
That's true, I don't believe releasing a single Solo Strings library would be a good idea... but releasing a Solo Strings Collection is something else. If they work on each solo instrument with the level of QL Solo Violin (Viola, Cello, and Bass) then an entire collection would exist hand in hand. Just like how the Hollywood Series was released with each section being a separate virtual instrument, each stringed instrument can be its own library, but together they would be known as the Solo Strings Collection, or something along the lines of that.

Precisely. I think that's a great idea, something I, for one, would definately consider buying. And I think that's likely (and hopefully) the route they're going with it.

madstarr12
08-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Precisely. I think that's a great idea, something I, for one, would definately consider buying. And I think that's likely (and hopefully) the route they're going with it.

The problem, would be that while they stated that the Hollywood series would actually be a series of libraries, no words were spoken regarding a Solo Strings series. Unless of course, QL surprised us with it.....

Med8r
09-01-2012, 01:41 PM
I kind of agree. It's got to be a package. Right now, I'm looking at 8Dio's Adagio for solo instruments, they sound fantastic. The Violin sounds great, the exposed solo Cello demos sound equally good.

Yeah, I was also looking at VSL's solo strings libraries a couple days ago. They were pretty good, but I wasn't blown away. I hope EWQL at least does a Solo Cello package...the fewer instruments I have to buy from other companies, the better, in my book. ;)

jspencer
09-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Do you guys own SO? There are excellent solo cellos in there.

madstarr12
09-02-2012, 09:37 PM

Yeah, the Solo Cello in SO sounds great, but it'll be nice to have an advanced sampled cello instrument library with true legato.

Med8r
09-03-2012, 04:06 PM

Not yet. Hopefully that'll change by the year's end, and if the solo cello it has still holds its own side-by-side with the Hollywood Series, then that'll be great. Nevertheless, I do hope EWQL has a more deeply sampled, true legato cello on its to-do list.

fabianzauberer
09-04-2012, 09:08 AM
And of course, it will be the Cello sound from Tina Guo!
Look at that picture: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100827199183035&set=t.100001103616146&type=3&theater
the Describtion says: "With Nick Phoenix recording :D"

Perhaps it is just my Dream... But it is a nice Dream ;)

Jedinhopy
09-04-2012, 12:52 PM
The new cello plugin.