PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Library ala Silk

flickerflix
08-09-2012, 08:26 AM
While there are a selection of Celtic instruments scattered throughout the libraries they are neither really that complete or consistent the way many of the other libraries are. Silk is a wonderful library, in large part owing to the performances. An equivalent Celtic library or coupled with Renaissance instruments would be wonderful. I am sure people can chime in here for the entire suite the library should have. I would say a larger selection of frame drums (Bodhrans), Irish penny whistles, a suite of bagpipes including Northumberland, etc.

I am intentionally keeping this separate from the other requests for Baroque (period) instruments.

Med8r
08-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Yes indeed this is completely different from Baroque instruments (though they do share some of the same time periods). The Celtic genre hasn't gotten as much EWQL attention as it deserves, and while Ra's samples are good, they could be better. I'd especially love to see a good assortment of tin whistles (in a few different keys/ranges).

Though I don't own it, I find SILK to be quite impressive, and I've yet to hear Far Eastern samples that exceed or even match its quality. A Celtic collection with SILK's detail would be sure to be an instant hit, I think....and they could call it, "TWEED". ;) lol

Elffin
08-10-2012, 04:00 AM
Another yes for a Celtic Library...

rmoat
08-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Definite YES for a Celtic library. I think it would do rather well, and the Celtic libraries out there are just are too few and limited, especially in terms of quality.

Stringtheorist
09-13-2012, 01:26 AM
YES!

duger
10-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Yes yes and yes for this library!!!!! Bodhran should be wondurfull, uillean pipe bagpipe wistle... with good articulations (articulation could be activate during a note by keyswicth)
war horn,...
this library should be so coooooool:)

brunuh666
10-03-2012, 09:47 AM
There are Era and Forest Kingdom developed by Eduardo Tarilonte and selling on SoundsOnline.com or BestService.
They are both great for Celtic aswell.

Emmanuel
01-16-2013, 08:11 AM
Yes, please.

lavoll
01-18-2013, 07:11 AM
big +1 from me on celtic sounds

interpolate
01-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Ra has these, so perhaps you could try that or that colossus VST.