PDA

View Full Version : StormDrum is crazy

bigbeats01
05-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Just got stormdrum and am exhuasted from playing all the patches, not recording anything, just playing. That says alot for the playability and programming created by QL. This library rocks and is worth getting just for the large percussion alone! Nick and Doug definately created a drug with these sample libraries. If I was rich i would buy them all right NOW !!! Keep them coming East West you are sitting on a gold mine.

Big Beats

Sean R. Beeson
05-19-2005, 10:38 AM
I have personally found Stormdrum to be a very very useful library. I use it somehow in nearly all of my projects. It was an instant classic. When you finish something with it, post it!

Sean

madfiddler
05-20-2005, 05:40 AM
Stormdrum, Percussive Adventures 2 and Stylus RMX - the ultimate :D

Joseph Christopher
05-20-2005, 06:29 AM
Strom drum is great ,however when it comes to ryhthems I have two left thumbs. Does anyone have any suggestions on some kind of software that would be helpful in creating ryhthems with the storm drum sounds. The loops are good but I don,t want to use just the loops.

Nayi
05-20-2005, 07:00 AM
StormDrum comes in 2 DVD's.
One is for the loops. The other is for the multi-samples.

Joseph Burrell
05-20-2005, 07:11 AM
Strom drum is great ,however when it comes to ryhthems I have two left thumbs. Does anyone have any suggestions on some kind of software that would be helpful in creating ryhthems with the storm drum sounds. The loops are good but I don,t want to use just the loops.

Why not look into a pattern based sequencer like FL Studio? That's what they are designed for.

Joseph Christopher
05-20-2005, 07:22 AM
Why not look into a pattern based sequencer like FL Studio? That's what they are designed for.

I work in sonar 4 so I don,t want to change I was hoping to find somthing that would work in sonar to create realistic patterns .I have kontakt 2 that has some kind of drum machine which I can,t get to work for the life of me. I was looking at slicy drummer but it seems geared to regular drum kits and not to those great percussion sounds in storm drum.I guess i need to go out and get some drum lessons. :)

Joseph Burrell
05-20-2005, 07:33 AM
The great thing about FL Studio is that you can load it as a VSTi inside Sonar or whatever you're using. Start Sonar, load FL Studio as a VSTi, use Stormdrum inside FL Studio to create percussion pattern, then make the rest of the music in Sonar. Nothing to it. I do it all the time in Tracktion 2.

Joseph Christopher
05-20-2005, 08:03 AM
The great thing about FL Studio is that you can load it as a VSTi inside Sonar or whatever you're using. Start Sonar, load FL Studio as a VSTi, use Stormdrum inside FL Studio to create percussion pattern, then make the rest of the music in Sonar. Nothing to it. I do it all the time in Tracktion 2.

Thanks for the tip I will look into it.

evaclear
05-20-2005, 08:11 PM
This library rocks and is worth getting just for the large percussion alone! Nick and Doug definately created a drug with these sample libraries. If I was rich i would buy them all right NOW !!! Keep them coming East West you are sitting on a gold mine.

Big Beats

I know! SD is next on my purchase list! It's just the perfect compliment to an orchestral lib if you like to write ferocious barbaric war anthems :D :D

Frederick
05-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Storm Drum is a must have :)

tango9jeff
05-21-2005, 09:59 PM
Hey guys I own culture and love it but I found that it does not have the large taiko drum sounds I need. Does storm drum have large taiko sections with reverb on the samples? or do I still need my own conv. reverb? i have always been interested in this program and I may take it up just or large toms and taiko drum sounds.

jeff

neoTypic
05-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Hey guys I own culture and love it but I found that it does not have the large taiko drum sounds I need. Does storm drum have large taiko sections with reverb on the samples? or do I still need my own conv. reverb? i have always been interested in this program and I may take it up just or large toms and taiko drum sounds.

jeff

Instruments

AFRICAN BATA, AMBIENT EGYPTIAN BASS DRUM, AMBIENT TAIKOS, BELLY DRUM, CHILEAN BASS DRUM, CHUN-MO, CUBAN BONGOS, DARUBUKA WITH RATTLE, EGYPTIAN RIQ, FROG, HUGE AMBIENT RAIN DRUM FROM THAILAND, ISLAND BONGOS, JAPANESE LION DRUM, LARGE AFRICAN DJEMBE, LARGE BODHRAN, LARGE SIOUX DRUM, MARACAS, N. INDIAN TAVAL DRUM, NIGERIAN UDU, NORTH AFRICAN TOMS, PHAROAH’S DUMBEK, S. INDIAN KOHL DRUM, SHAKERS, TALKING COCONUT, TURKISH BASS DRUMS, WOOD AND METAL TALKING DRUMS, THUNDER ENSEMBLE (hundreds of huge and dynamic, multi-sampled hits played by a 7 man ensemble in a warehouse).

Yup, yah gots taikos. ;) Maybe someone who owns the library can comment better on the sound. I know the demos have 'em though. :)

Nayi
05-22-2005, 07:31 AM
SD has some of the most powerful and PHAT-sounding Taikos on thundersemble patch.

Liam
05-25-2005, 12:42 AM

jeff

Stormdrum defintely has the BIGGEST sound you will find anywhere! If you want that huge, epic Hollywood sound, it's the one you want. Now thats not the only element there though, it has some very nice subtle percussion, some really great drum kits and electronic sounds.
I hate to self promote :rolleyes: but if you listen to this piece of mine, all the percussion is Stormdrum. It was used very sparingly in this one, but alot of it is the Ambient Taikos you were asking about.
Ascension (http://web.tampabay.rr.com/rip/MP3s/Ascension.mp3)

Paulie
05-25-2005, 02:36 AM
Just buy it will ya!!!! =O)

awpmusic
05-25-2005, 02:50 AM
Storm Drum is a must have :)

AGREED!!!!

tango9jeff
05-25-2005, 05:08 AM
hehe DONE =) thanks for the help guys!

Jeff