PDA

View Full Version : 80's library (don't dhooy me please)

dpasdernick
08-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Ok, I'm older but I just love the sound of the 80's. Here's what i'd like:

1) Massive gated drums

2) Arena drums like Def Leppard

3) Complete Synclavier sound set (not the crappy samples of the Synclav doing strings or bass guitars) The really cool FM stuff layered with ultra-warm pads etc.

4) D-50, Emulator's, DX7, DX5, Korg M1's, Wavestations, PPG's, Fairlights all ganging up on one another.

5) Ethereal voices from the heavens above.

6) Wicked clean echo-y guitars like The Fixx, The Police, etc.

7) Pads thicker than a Washington politician...

8) Folded metal, junkyard bangs, gated noise bursts

Do this please and I will open my wallet faster than a hair metal groupie would open her...

;-)

Jose7822
08-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Hahaha, I love this request! Sounds like the 80's version of Ministry of Rock.

dpasdernick
08-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Bloody hell... I think dhooy is a canadian term for "i can't type worth crap" :eek:

pardon me, I meant to say "Don't Shoot Me"

Anyway I would love an 80's library and some typing lessons as well. ;)

Plasuma!!!
08-11-2012, 04:19 PM
The soft and hard rock is a given for that era, but I'd like to hear some smooth jazz or new age-centric instruments represented in there.
Widely varied and characteristically subdued percussion for starters. Maybe sassy brass and winds from artists like Kenny G. Some quirky leads and guitars inspired by groups like Pat Metheny.

This might be a way for EW to go about releasing a highly detailed saxophone as part of a bigger library with all the straight and jazzy articulations anyone could ever want.

Definitely +1 for the idea anyways.

Annabelle
08-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Just out of curiosity, how in the world do you "dhooy" someone? Is it like looking them in the face with a sarcastic, "Doy!", I wonder?

ComposerGuy
08-14-2012, 01:01 AM
80's Time-Machine. Like FabFour, just 20 years older.

80's Synths,
80's Drumkits,
80's Guitars,
80's Basses,
80's Saxophone

Deep sampled instruments in fancy 80licious interface (something like pink with red thunderbolts) + Extreme stylish 80's Sunglasses in Blue!

the heat is on!

Annabelle
08-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Ok, I'm older but I just love the sound of the 80's. Here's what i'd like:

1) Massive gated drums

2) Arena drums like Def Leppard

3) Complete Synclavier sound set (not the crappy samples of the Synclav doing strings or bass guitars) The really cool FM stuff layered with ultra-warm pads etc.

4) D-50, Emulator's, DX7, DX5, Korg M1's, Wavestations, PPG's, Fairlights all ganging up on one another.

5) Ethereal voices from the heavens above.

6) Wicked clean echo-y guitars like The Fixx, The Police, etc.

7) Pads thicker than a Washington politician...

8) Folded metal, junkyard bangs, gated noise bursts

Do this please and I will open my wallet faster than a hair metal groupie would open her...

;-)
Would open her what?
:confused:

Annabelle
08-25-2012, 08:01 PM
How about some of the sounds used on Whitney Houston's records, and even those popularized by Babyface. That would be so cool!