PDA

View Full Version : Choirs

Annabelle
08-11-2012, 05:54 AM
I'm not sure if this can be either an addition to Symphonic Choirs, or perhaps part of a new library, Hollywood Choirs, but here's a suggestion I have. I know that Symphonic Choirs has a Boys Choir, and I'd like to find out, is there a possibility that Symphonic Choirs can include a Girls Choir that can go along with this one? How about a full Children's choir? How about solo children's voices? I know it also has solo boy sopranos, solo sopranos, and solo altos, but is there a possibility that it could also include solo tenors, and solo basses? I wonder, if these ever come to fruition, is it possible that they can work in conjunction with Wordbuilder? Is that even a possibility for the solo voices? Somebody, though I don't know exactly who, told me that it's a possibility that Eastwest might release a Hollywood Choirs, just like they're releasing Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Hollywood Woodwinds, and Hollywood Percussion.

madstarr12
08-11-2012, 12:03 PM
That'll be nice to have. I would love to have true legato instruments of all the Choir sections, and even for the Soloists. Wordbuilder functionality for the Soloists is also a +1.

Plasuma!!!
08-11-2012, 03:44 PM
There is so much potential for the wordbuilder system. More choirs would be welcome in any case.

Jose7822
08-11-2012, 07:28 PM
I think a new choir library is in order.

Symphonic Choirs is awesome, but it may be showing its age compared to the competition (though I still haven't seen any product as flexible as SC). I vote for a more expansive and expressive Hollywood Choirs library.

Med8r
08-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Personally, I think something more for choir would be cool, but I'd prefer that it'd come in the form of an expansion to SC. After all, SC is already a pretty great collection, and doing an expansion would shorten the production time, since they'd only have to record and program what they want to add. If they did Hollywood Choirs, they'd have to re-record and re-program everything...that means a lot longer time taken to get the product out, when there's already a really good version available.

All that said, while I'd rather an SC expansion, I don't think it's gonna happen, because SC has already had one, and because it's already several years old. I think that if EWQL does have another look at choirs, it'll be in the form of Hollywood Choirs. Not the way I'd have it, but hey, maybe taking a fresh new look at it will benefit the consumers more than I expect.

Annabelle
08-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Personally, I think something more for choir would be cool, but I'd prefer that it'd come in the form of an expansion to SC. After all, SC is already a pretty great collection, and doing an expansion would shorten the production time, since they'd only have to record and program what they want to add. If they did Hollywood Choirs, they'd have to re-record and re-program everything...that means a lot longer time taken to get the product out, when there's already a really good version available.

All that said, while I'd rather an SC expansion, I don't think it's gonna happen, because SC has already had one, and because it's already several years old. I think that if EWQL does have another look at choirs, it'll be in the form of Hollywood Choirs. Not the way I'd have it, but hey, maybe taking a fresh new look at it will benefit the consumers more than I expect.
And, if Hollywood Choirs comes to fruition, maybe they can do a low-priced upgrade, for those who want to upgrade from Symphonic Choirs to Hollywood Choirs. Do you think that's possible as well?

Med8r
08-13-2012, 01:37 PM
And, if Hollywood Choirs comes to fruition, maybe they can do a low-priced upgrade, for those who want to upgrade from Symphonic Choirs to Hollywood Choirs. Do you think that's possible as well?

That's a good idea, but I don't think they'll go that route. Since SC is so well-distributed among consumers (you can get it for only $180 through CCC, and lots of people have it), making an upgrade discount would mean that virtually all their customers would be getting the discounted price. Not a very good business move (unless the discount was time-sensitive).

The reason they can afford to do that kind of discount on HOW for HS and HB users is because even though they're popular, not as many people own them as own SC (being that they're a lot more expensive). Thus, the discount encourages people to buy not just HOW, but also HB and HS. Hope that makes sense. :p

Annabelle
08-13-2012, 02:11 PM
That's a good idea, but I don't think they'll go that route. Since SC is so well-distributed among consumers (you can get it for only $180 through CCC, and lots of people have it), making an upgrade discount would mean that virtually all their customers would be getting the discounted price. Not a very good business move (unless the discount was time-sensitive).

The reason they can afford to do that kind of discount on HOW for HS and HB users is because even though they're popular, not as many people own them as own SC (being that they're a lot more expensive). Thus, the discount encourages people to buy not just HOW, but also HB and HS. Hope that makes sense. :p
I wonder if Hollywood Choirs might have some of the features that some other libraries have? Things like true legato, Portamento, and support of MIDI CC values to control things like vibrato, along with a more expanded version of Votox.

peter5992
08-13-2012, 09:48 PM
A girls' chorus would be fantastic -- wonderful. :)

boulifb
08-14-2012, 09:05 AM
What about adding German singing?

Med8r
08-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Do the vowels and consonants recorded with SC not lend themselves well to German phrases?

boulifb
08-15-2012, 03:30 AM
No. Not even in French.

jspencer
08-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Or how about allowing the soloist patches to use Wordbuilder...

Annabelle
08-15-2012, 02:50 PM
That's one of the questions I've been asking as well.

PigSlop
08-16-2012, 09:32 PM
I think adding them as an expansion to SC would kind of bypass the point of the entire Hollywood series, and that is to record every section of the orchestra in a consistent manner in regards to natural hall reverb, mic positions, sound engineering, etc.

What I would expect from a "Hollywood Choirs" library would be this same consistency -- seamless integration and mixing with the rest of the libraries. This also extends to the technical ways in which we control these libraries with CC11 and CC1, which may or may not be the same with SC. (In all honesty, I haven't had SC all that long and I haven't used it in a real score yet, so take these uneducated thoughts for what they're worth)

All this having been said, I would LOVE to see Hollywood Choirs go places that VOTA tread in the past, using the PLAY engine. The angels/demons patches from VOTA were heavily used in my last film, and I would love to see more variation on that idea, in addition to haunting children's choirs and soloists across the range. Voices of Passion is great but I find it lacking in some of these key areas, and it wasn't developed with the Hollywood series in mind.

Just my $0.02.

Jonathan

Annabelle
08-25-2012, 04:09 AM
I'd also like to have true legato versions of all the choir sections, as well as the soloists. Another thing I'd like to see is an enhanced version of Wordbuilder that supports different languages like French, Russian, Japanese, and Spanish.

lejmer
08-25-2012, 04:40 AM
I'd also like to have true legato versions of all the choir sections, as well as the soloists. Another thing I'd like to see is an enhanced version of Wordbuilder that supports different languages like French, Russian, Japanese, and Spanish.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll get support for all of these languages, especially not if we get true legato as well. Think about it. Right now we can load maybe 2 legato patches per 4 GB of RAM, meaning we can with the normal 24 GB being the limit load about 12 legato patches. There are about 16 vowel sounds (depending on the language), and all of them need legato transitions. Then mm's, nn's need legato transitions as well. That's a total of 19 legato transitions that need to be recorded. And then times 4 to get all the sections (or 6 if they include a boys choir and a girls choirs), as well as the soloists. We total in about 152 to 228 legato transition patches. That would require 300-450 GB of RAM. An that is just for the legatos.

Windows 7 can only support 192 GB RAM, so 300-450 is way too high for them to be able to make a profit. Only A-list composers that can have computer farms running their samples will be able to make use of the library if they go that detailed, and it would cost a ton of money to make because of all the time they would need to record it.

So if they do another choir collection, we'll probably have to make due with english or latin (probably latin). And we will most likely get maybe 4 legato patches per section and soloist. (My guess would be mm's, ah's, oh's and eh's).

Annabelle
08-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Any other voters out there? It seems that the ones who want Hollywood Choirs are winning, as the results for that option comes to 60%.

christerholm
08-26-2012, 01:39 PM
A totally new choir would be awesome. Even at this day, the old SC is still great, but imagine a brand new state-of-the-art choir by EW, with all the experience from SC, that would be a real winner.

victorulez
08-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Am I the only one who desire a gospel-spiritual choir?

Annabelle
08-27-2012, 02:34 PM
And how about some Jazz Skats?

Annabelle
08-31-2012, 02:16 PM
Any other voters out there? Seems like a slow process to sort out who wants what.

Arpeggio
09-10-2012, 03:39 PM
+1

fbuerger2000
09-11-2012, 03:16 PM
also voted, ...

the existing library is sound-wise really good, but....in many years only a very short time appears that this library was useful on a computer, and my computer is (and was) not that bad (see below). Today it is for me only possible to render ONE track in its full option (All mic's active and the hardest multi-patch), and immediately my CPU are stuttering.

So, first this kind of software have to be build in a way that it is useable in a template where also some other tools are like to use my CPU's.
I have sooo many other stuff, and no other tool is so intensive CPU hungry.

Lets see what Play 4 will do...

New Choirs?
i personaly would like to hear in future a rrrrrealy good rrrrolling "R", and some italian phrases. But these phrases can be mostly done with the wordbuilder. The existing Worbuilder is, in my opinion, un-beaten till today. It works awesome, only CPU...

Solo voices:
Would be awesome, but technical programmable today? I think not, not today.

For new Choirs: No need for myself, the existing could be great.

But new things, please in a new package.

Yes i am off-topic, but thats my 2 very little cent.

Annabelle
09-14-2012, 07:23 AM
And, wouldn't it be cool to have a library that will have instruments that accompany choral music, like concert piano and concert organ?

Annabelle
09-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Any other voters out there?

jspencer
09-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Well, there are some great concert pianos by EW. My personal fav is the Steinway in Goliath, I use it for all of my piano parts. There's a few good organs in there too, but not the big pipe organs.

A few other developers have good concert organs, it would be nice to hear one from EW.

fabianzauberer
09-20-2012, 07:40 AM
I'm waiting for those Epic, war Shouts, like in nearly every 2SFH music. I'm wondering why they haven't done it yet. :(

But I hope it will come in future :)

jspencer
09-20-2012, 08:31 AM
There are a few shouting patches in the FX section of SC (non-multi), but probably not as strong as you are looking for. I beluieve VOTA has a few as well.

fabianzauberer
09-20-2012, 09:10 AM
There are a few shouting patches in the FX section of SC (non-multi), but probably not as strong as you are looking for. I beluieve VOTA has a few as well.

I'm looking for something like this:

http://youtu.be/s_FZ_sC_OIU

0:17

These Epic trailer Shouts :)
I heard a great track from a guy who had something like this out of 8Dios Requiem, EWQL should have that too.

In my dreams they will. ;)

Fabian

pkm
09-20-2012, 09:39 AM

I heard a great track from a guy who had something like this out of 8Dios Requiem, EWQL should have that too.

Fabian

You say you're looking for a specific sound, then you say you know exactly where to get that sound. Why are you still looking?

fabianzauberer
09-20-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm sorry if I sounded, like i wanted to complain :(

I already got SC,and I am still trying to get a cool sounding staccato singing choir.
I'm not trying to recreate the sound from Sons of war, but I'm trying to get this short singing.

So again I am sorry if it sounded like I wanted to complain. It just should be a suggestion.

Fabian

jspencer
09-20-2012, 04:05 PM

Fabian

Well, that's by Two Steps From Hell, so odds are SC was used for that track (Nick Phoenix). SC can totally achieve that sound and I've done it myself. You need to study the manual, and do a lot of experimenting with the Staccato elements within the PLAY interface, Multi's, and Wordbuilder.

RozenHeim
09-20-2012, 04:22 PM
A choir of Minyoh Singers would be nice, preferably 74 singers across the choir with divisi and WB!

Annabelle
09-20-2012, 08:29 PM
A choir of Minyoh Singers would be nice, preferably 74 singers across the choir with divisi and WB!
What's Minyoh? Is it an Asian thing? I'm confused!

RozenHeim
09-20-2012, 09:01 PM
"Minyoh" is a style of Japanese singing. Generally, there are only small ensembles, but Kenji Kawai came up with the idea of using an entire choir of Minyoh singers. The sound has a rather unique regality to it, and it actually pairs unexpectedly well with a variety of instruments. EW could maybe do an Ethnic Choir library...

Annabelle
09-21-2012, 11:31 AM
"Minyoh" is a style of Japanese singing. Generally, there are only small ensembles, but Kenji Kawai came up with the idea of using an entire choir of Minyoh singers. The sound has a rather unique regality to it, and it actually pairs unexpectedly well with a variety of instruments. EW could maybe do an Ethnic Choir library...
I bet you that'll go really well with RA, Silk, and Gypsy.

HardyP
09-22-2012, 01:07 PM
What about adding German singing?

Defenitely - atm, itīs very hard to achieve a good german pronounciation, which is the only reason for me to hinder me from buying choirs!

Annabelle
09-23-2012, 04:27 AM
Any other voters out there? So far, the second option has the winning vote!

Annabelle
10-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Any other voters out there? This pole is still at 46 voters, with the second option winning.

Annabelle
10-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Just out of curiosity, how come it seems there's only one vote a day?

Annabelle
10-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Any new voters out there? This pole is always open.

Annabelle
10-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Any other voters out there? There's over 2000 views, but only 48 votes in total, with the second option winning.

Casiquire
11-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Personally having true legato seems a lot more likely and useful to me than WordBuilder soloists because the technology just isn't there yet. Seems like every sample-based library out there other than SampleModeling is still having trouble with eliminating phasing issues during crossfades and this would really be a killer in a solo vocal. Our ears are so sensitive to the slightest fake sound in a solo vocal. Even the legato patches in VOP don't have natural-sounding legato or crossfading.

Seeing all the progress EWQL has done in legato transitions since VOP I think it's likely we'll see a legato soloist on plain vowel sounds but I just can't see making the huge leap to a full WordBuilder-capable soloist.

Instead, I'd rather see a true legato and true divisi choirs with WordBuilder, and I would like vibrato control but it's not a dealbreaker. It would be nice to see improvements in WordBuilder because now it takes a lot of effort to get a good result, but heck, it's the only similar product on the market at all so I'm not complaining.

Med8r
11-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Seeing all the progress EWQL has done in legato transitions since VOP I think it's likely we'll see a legato soloist on plain vowel sounds

Seeing the roster of engineers working on the Masters Series announced a few months back, I think it's a fair possibility that something along these lines could be a part of that series (albeit probably more pop-ish and less classical than SC's soloists).

Casiquire
11-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Good call, there aren't a whole lot of details out yet about that collection but it would be pretty cool to get some good vocal sounds.

Annabelle
11-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Any other voters out there? It seems that there are still only 49 votes on this pole, with the second option winning by a 57% count.

C4L88
12-04-2012, 06:02 AM
I am in full support of all voices having solo options and having wordbuilder options

The other thing I would love to see is shouts and whispers having wordbuilder functions

C4L88
12-04-2012, 06:07 AM

If they do an ethnic choir, I also suggest Tibetan and Tuvan throat singing. Tibetan throat singing is usually very low pitched while Tuvan throat singing is higher pitched. It's such a unique sound, and I especially love the sound of it in the Myst V soundtrack. I just think there should be a Voices of Passion 2 that include these

Annabelle
12-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Personally having true legato seems a lot more likely and useful to me than WordBuilder soloists because the technology just isn't there yet. Seems like every sample-based library out there other than SampleModeling is still having trouble with eliminating phasing issues during crossfades and this would really be a killer in a solo vocal. Our ears are so sensitive to the slightest fake sound in a solo vocal. Even the legato patches in VOP don't have natural-sounding legato or crossfading.

Seeing all the progress EWQL has done in legato transitions since VOP I think it's likely we'll see a legato soloist on plain vowel sounds but I just can't see making the huge leap to a full WordBuilder-capable soloist.

Instead, I'd rather see a true legato and true divisi choirs with WordBuilder, and I would like vibrato control but it's not a dealbreaker. It would be nice to see improvements in WordBuilder because now it takes a lot of effort to get a good result, but heck, it's the only similar product on the market at all so I'm not complaining.
divisi choirs? Could you please explain? I'm confused!

Annabelle
01-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Just out of curiosity, I wonder, how many votes would we need to have these new additions released? Currently, there are 57 votes, with the second option winning.

pkm
01-04-2013, 07:06 PM

Annabelle
01-04-2013, 08:15 PM
That's a lot of votes! I wonder if that will ever come to fruition.

pkm
01-05-2013, 01:47 AM
I'm just joking, Annabelle. These are just suggestions. No amount of votes will guarantee anything,

If there's enough interest from customers AND it makes business sense at the time ti EastWest, they'll do it.

Annabelle
01-22-2013, 07:28 AM
It's now up to 3000 views, with 60 votes, and the second option still winning. Any other voters out there?

Dreamofthenight92
03-17-2013, 03:18 AM
It's not too impossible to do something similar with wordbuilder: I think that staccati articulation, with hight velocity and heavy vibrato don't sound too much different. The main difficult in my opinion are to time the words manually (learn button in short and staccati passages doesn't work well), ans in the double tracking (in fact is very useful to do 2 or 3 double tracking of the choir part to make it sound louder and a little bit more realisting variating a little the timing of the letters)

Casiquire
03-17-2013, 04:59 AM
divisi choirs? Could you please explain? I'm confused!

Choirs divide all the time, just like strings. Even big famous works like O Fortuna require some division (O Fortuna has the women and men each split into three sections).

andrewbighouse
03-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Hi,

I use other Choir libraries as well as EWC and they use to provide a kind of word builder with vocals, consonants or syllables. A composer cannot customize phrases at all.

In the other hand, it would be useful get the same feature for quick works.

I would love find a true legato, soloist legati and I would purchase an EW Boys Sound Library as like "Liberis" where legato had MOD wheel control to sforzato and other features.

It would be very useful also a specific Play engine where to set divisi that sent the whole choir to a unique track to the sequencer but where it was possible manage the choir voice by voice. I am not a programmer therefore I have not idea whether it would be possible or impossible obviously.

And finally, I did not find a Soloist Tenore or Soprano/Mezzo Soprano with wordbuilder around Internet. I remember a sound library "Tonio" but it was not so good when I found it. I know that it is very hard program a voice sound library like that, I think in the future some programmer will find the way in order to realize an almost true soloist voice library.

Annabelle
03-27-2013, 05:02 PM
How about these? Solo and Choir with Wordbuilder versions of mezzo soprano and baritone. Or would baritones be made with tenors and mezzo sopranos made with sopranos? Or is that baritones made with Basses and mezzo sopranos made with altos? I'm confused!

Annabelle
04-07-2013, 06:34 AM
Any voters out there? There are now 66 votes, with the second option still on the winning side.

Annabelle
05-20-2013, 04:05 AM
Any other voters out there? It's been a while since I've seen any new votes on this pole. It's now up to 48 votes, with the second option still winning. Funny thing is, it says there's 47 on the total number of voters. Someone must have voted twice! once for each option. How is that even possible?

liquid
05-20-2013, 05:01 AM
I just voted for SC.

Annabelle
05-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Wow! It went from 48 to 70 votes! And the second option is still winning? Which one do you think will be most likely to come to fruition? The first option or the second option?

Annabelle
06-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Any other voters out there? There are 71 votes, with the second option winning at 41 votes, the first option has 30.

Annabelle
06-24-2013, 12:49 PM
How about these? Solo and Choir with Wordbuilder versions of mezzo soprano and baritone. Or would baritones be made with tenors and mezzo sopranos made
with sopranos? Or is that baritones made with Basses and mezzo sopranos made with altos? I'm confused!

Annabelle
06-29-2013, 08:56 AM
76 votes and counting. Cool!

Annabelle
07-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Apparently there's a miscalculation somewhere, because 32+45 isn't 76, it's actually 77!

Med8r
07-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Apparently there's a miscalculation somewhere, because 32+45 isn't 76, it's actually 77!

lol, you know it's bad when the computer can't even count. ;)

Annabelle
07-06-2013, 10:44 PM
lol, you know it's bad when the computer can't even count. ;)
So I wonder if they can fix this error.

Annabelle
07-13-2013, 08:08 AM
77 votes and counting, with the second option still winning. Any new voters out there? I'd like to see these additions to Choirs come out someday.

Emmanuel
07-14-2013, 11:23 PM
Voted for SC, although I'm planning to go the hollywood road one of these days, I'm heavily invested in the Symphonic libraries and would love to see something more to the Symphonic orchestra's.

On a side note, having word builder added to voices of passion (if at all possible) would be something extremely cool.

Annabelle
07-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Voted for SC, although I'm planning to go the hollywood road one of these days, I'm heavily invested in the Symphonic libraries and would love to see something more to the Symphonic orchestra's.

On a side note, having word builder added to voices of passion (if at all possible) would be something extremely cool.
I agree with you on that one. Also, having an accessible version of Wordbuilder for screenreaders would be nice. Not just the text editor where you type your lyrics, but also the various functions like the time editor should be equipped with text-based icons for the different buttons and controls like Up-down sliders, buttons, checkboxes, combo boxes, and Left-right Sliders.

Emmanuel
07-15-2013, 12:52 AM
I agree with you on that one. Also, having an accessible version of Wordbuilder for screenreaders would be nice. Not just the text editor where you type your lyrics, but also the various functions like the time editor should be equipped with text-based icons for the different buttons and controls like Up-down sliders, buttons, checkboxes, combo boxes, and Left-right Sliders.

+1:headbang:

Annabelle
07-16-2013, 04:58 PM
How would this be for a layout? And, would it be a possibility that all of these could have Wordbuilder?
Girls
Boys
Sopranos
Mezzo Sopranos
Altos
Tenors
Baritones
Basses
Men
Women
Children
Combined Choir (Men and Boys)
Combined Choir (Women and Girls)
Combined Choir (SATB With Children's Voices for S and A Parts)
Combined Choir (SATB Women and Men)
Solo Girl
Solo Boy
Solo Soprano
Solo Mezzo Soprano
Solo Alto
Solo Tenor
Solo Baritone
Solo Bass

Annabelle
07-18-2013, 07:22 AM
Someone should fix that slot with the total number of voters. 34+46 is 80, not 79!

Annabelle
07-25-2013, 09:19 AM
82 votes and counting, with the second option still at the majority vote! Do any of you have any suggestions for more additions?

Annabelle
07-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Oh, you mean something along the lines of a Liedertafel?

Annabelle
07-31-2013, 12:00 PM
The first option has 35 votes while the second option has 47, making a total of 82. However, I feel the second option is probably going to win, since it has the majority vote. Anybody agree with me on that one?

Annabelle
08-03-2013, 05:27 PM
How would I increase ratings and get more votes? Currently there are 83 votes, with the second option winning with a count of 48. The first option comes close to winning with 35 votes.

MPDmike
08-06-2013, 08:39 AM
What about adding German singing?There are a few unique sounds in German, French, Spanish, Russian, etc. I think for a new choir product it would make sense to record some or all or the extra foreign language sounds to make this a truly internationally flexible library. After all, some choral pieces are written in languages other than English. And while we are about it, why not add the different vowel sounds for UK English to complement the American English in Symphonic Choirs?

Annabelle
08-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Maybe even Australian and New Zealand English? Or would that be along the same lines as UK English? I'm confused!

MPDmike
08-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Maybe even Australian and New Zealand English? Or would that be along the same lines as UK English? I'm confused!I would not suggest that the pronunciation of all countries should be attempted, as that would be too much work. Many phonetic sounds are common to different languages - that is a good thing - but when there are differences we run into trouble. It is difficult or impossible to recreate, for example, some French or German sounds using only the English phonetic alphabet.

But talking only about English, you can experience the problem if you listen to the differences between American and British English in this YouTube video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nAnT3PASak).

Annabelle
08-06-2013, 12:55 PM
I would not suggest that the pronunciation of all countries should be attempted, as that would be too much work. Many phonetic sounds are common to different languages - that is a good thing - but when there are differences we run into trouble. It is difficult or impossible to recreate, for example, some French or German sounds using only the English phonetic alphabet.

But talking only about English, you can experience the problem if you listen to the differences between American and British English in this YouTube video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nAnT3PASak).

Very interesting. By the way, if I'm not mistaken, isn't there a British English mode in Choirs?

MPDmike
08-07-2013, 01:30 PM
... isn't there a British English mode in Choirs?Not as far as I am aware. Choirs is basically an American English product - you can test this by inputting various words into WordBuilder where there is a different pronunciation between British and American English. There is a "Latin" option, but for me personally this is not useful.

Annabelle
08-08-2013, 07:48 AM
I posted this about a month ago, it's post number 75, but I'm not sure if anyone read it.
How would this be for a layout? And, would it be a possibility that all of these could have Wordbuilder?
Girls
Boys
Sopranos
Mezzo Sopranos
Altos
Tenors
Baritones
Basses
Men
Women
Children
Combined Choir (Men and Boys)
Combined Choir (Women and Girls)
Combined Choir (SATB With Children's Voices for S and A Parts)
Combined Choir (SATB Women and Men)
Solo Girl
Solo Boy
Solo Soprano
Solo Mezzo Soprano
Solo Alto
Solo Tenor
Solo Baritone
Solo Bass

Annabelle
08-13-2013, 04:26 AM
Any other voters out there? So far, it's stuck at 83 votes, with the second option still winning.

Annabelle
09-01-2013, 07:32 AM
I know they have mezzo forte and forte with vibrato, but how about those same dynamics with straight tone? These can be controlled with velocity of the keys you play. Here's another one. How about an ensemble building feature? I could be wrong, but didn't they originally include that one in Symphonic Orchestra?

Annabelle
09-05-2013, 09:18 AM
How about a feature that allows dynamics to be controlled by key velocities. This is particularly for those who want dynamics for straight tone singing. This way, you don't have to control the dynamics with just the Mod Wheel, since that controls the amount of vibrato.

tboyblu
09-06-2013, 01:15 PM
I'd like to have a chamber choir. That would probably address some of the divisi chorus comments I've seen here. I am primarily a choral composer, and I use this for mockups. I'll occasionally play with WordBuilder, but rely mostly on the vowels as I'm a stickler for crisp consonants that a computer cannot yet reproduce (I know the technology is coming - just listen to the improvements in text-to-speech technology).

It would be interesting to see EW team up with a TTS company for improving the word builder technology. Amazon just bought my favorite TTS company - ivona.com. They are out of Poland, and their technology is the current champ IMO. Sorry - off topic...

Annabelle
09-06-2013, 08:29 PM
I'd like to have a chamber choir. That would probably address some of the divisi chorus comments I've seen here. I am primarily a choral composer, and I use this for mockups. I'll occasionally play with WordBuilder, but rely mostly on the vowels as I'm a stickler for crisp consonants that a computer cannot yet reproduce (I know the technology is coming - just listen to the improvements in text-to-speech technology).

It would be interesting to see EW team up with a TTS company for improving the word builder technology. Amazon just bought my favorite TTS company - ivona.com. They are out of Poland, and their technology is the current champ IMO. Sorry - off topic...

To be totally honest with you, that would be pretty interesting. I wonder how a text-to-speech company would help with Wordbuilder. Would they make the choirs sing clearer consonants and vowels? I'm confused!

Annabelle
09-11-2013, 06:52 PM
86 votes and counting, the second option is winning by 10%! How many of you agree that they might release these as a new library of Hollywood Choirs?

Annabelle
09-20-2013, 04:47 AM
Any new voters out there? The pole is up to 86 votes, with the second option winning. Any suggestions as to some new ideas to add to this pole?

Annabelle
10-18-2013, 07:41 PM
88 votes and counting! One thing I'd like to see is a remodel to the interface, so the controls can be easily accessed by blind customers. This is especially important so they can access the time editor by pressing a shortcut key and adjusting sliders with the arrow keys, without having to rely on a mouse. I wonder if it can be designed like the browser interface in the Windows 7 operating system.

Dreamofthenight92
10-20-2013, 04:48 AM
Complitely new product. In two years I wasn't able to get a good choir line from this library, expecially for the ridicolous range of the sections (expecially sopranos and tenors). Also I wasn't able to create shouting staccato lines. The idea of the wordbuilder is pretty nice, but it also have too many problems, I'd prefer to have most common vowels (ah, oh, oo, eh, ee), with a very detailed crossfade, and maybe true legato. Also, for words, it's better to have some common latin syllables (as "tus", "ras", "do", "tas"), with sustained vowels and last consonant into release trail, and integrate them in a phrase builder. With 100 syllables you can build up a convincing impression of singing.
That's all, I get well with all other EW libraries, but Symphonic choir was a nightmare, wainting for a completely new product :)

Annabelle
11-12-2013, 02:46 PM
We've got 89 votes and counting. And I certainly agree with whoever made the suggestion of divisi choir sections. That would be perfect for chamber music, especially since I'm notating a piece for a chamber orchestra, and I want to put a chamber choir in it as well. This piece of music is for a couple of my friends, music teachers at Lane Community College, Ron Bertucci and Matt Svoboda.

Boberg
11-24-2013, 01:36 PM
While I enjoy Symphonic Choirs for longdrawn tones and slow words, it is really a struggle to get good sounding staccato choirs.

I'd like them to go for a fresh start, but still use the WordBuilder (probably an updated version of it) for Hollywood Choirs. I'd also love to see usual latin vowels as "tus, do, ta, sak" included as staccato samples.

Looking forward to see if EW has anything planned when it comes to choirs!

Annabelle
03-15-2014, 09:16 AM
I'd like to see a MIDI Learn command, or even an Enable Host Automation command, where the interface-specific commands can be automatically assigned to MIDI CC's and NRPN's within the preferred host, like Protools, Digital Performer, Logic, and Sonar. If there are any hosts I've forgotten, feel free to join in with suggestions.

Annabelle
05-26-2014, 05:36 PM
95 votes and counting, with the second option still having the majority, though both are close in numbers. If Wordbuilder is implemented into a new Choirs library, I really hope they'll put a time editor that will be either a slider or an edit field.

Annabelle
09-12-2014, 07:45 AM
100 votes and counting! Yayyy! I sure can't wait till a new choirs library comes out, that is, if one is going to come out someday.

Kostas73
09-12-2014, 10:35 AM
Yes... I think so too. That New orchestra will have new choir, like previous, a choir companion. if so, we can expect something marvellous.

George Bellas
10-03-2014, 07:00 PM
A new state-of-the-art choir that included a girls and boys choir would be a welcomed addition to the rest of the Hollywood series. I'd love to see it happen.

Fleer
01-24-2015, 10:41 PM
Would be great to have Hollywood Choirs :)