PDA

View Full Version : Concert Organ

boulifb
08-15-2012, 07:05 AM
A concert organ would be nice.

Annabelle
08-16-2012, 05:33 AM
I'd like that a lot, too. I've been looking for a high-quality instrument that lets you select the organ stops, and also lets put different combinations together.

Eastward_In_Eden
08-16-2012, 05:47 AM
3 cheers for the Concert Organ... ever-expanding sample set of various organs worldwide :-)

UDun
08-17-2012, 12:52 PM
+1

boulifb
08-19-2012, 03:53 AM
Yes, and samples from the largest pipe organs, like "The Wanamaker Grand Court Pipe Organ" or "The Boardwalk Hall Auditorium Organ" would be a dream that only EW could bring to reality. :)

RozenHeim
08-19-2012, 08:35 AM
A Concert Organ library would be a welcome addition for EW family. However, it does have a bit of competition, but if EW can break the mold with something like the Wannamaker, or perhaps the pipe organ that was used in Phantom of the Opera, then they'd have something. Also, if they do sample it, mod-controlled swells and crescendos would be nice.

Metallian
08-28-2012, 05:15 AM
Big +1

Med8r
08-28-2012, 01:58 PM
A Concert Organ library would be a welcome addition for EW family. However, it does have a bit of competition, but if EW can break the mold with something like the Wannamaker, or perhaps the pipe organ that was used in Phantom of the Opera, then they'd have something. Also, if they do sample it, mod-controlled swells and crescendos would be nice.

I was under the impression that crescendos and swells were impossible on an organ. The dynamic of the note depends on how hard you press, and like other keyboard instruments, you can't cause that dynamic to increase (or decrease, for that matter) without releasing the key.

That's the way it is with conventional "church" organs, anyway. Are swells possible with rock-style organs? If not, you could hardly expect them to be included in an organ library that had any claim on realism.

RozenHeim
08-28-2012, 04:16 PM
I was under the impression that crescendos and swells were impossible on an organ. The dynamic of the note depends on how hard you press, and like other keyboard instruments, you can't cause that dynamic to increase (or decrease, for that matter) without releasing the key.

That's the way it is with conventional "church" organs, anyway. Are swells possible with rock-style organs? If not, you could hardly expect them to be included in an organ library that had any claim on realism.

Allow me to iterate on that. A "swell" for an organ is created by using a preset or custom combination of stops connected to a specific pedal or switch (this works on both electric and normal organs). This can be done while playing, but the effect can be instant or timed (which is dependent on the organ itself). The crescendo is indeed possible, and is created by using a pedal to automate a system of panels that channel the air and sound (there are only two sample companies that actually went through the trouble of actually recording them however)... Hope that helps!

Arpeggio
09-10-2012, 03:39 PM
+1

Malys
11-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Wow, I'd love to see a organ collection from EW, it would be awesome.

TheNossinator
11-10-2012, 06:25 PM
+1, the church organ from Goliath is something but definitely not enough!

Casiquire
11-25-2012, 08:21 PM
I'd love to have a nice pipe organ, +1. And I second having a mod-controlled swell, it can be rather important in some works.