PDA

View Full Version : Keep previous version of PLAY (when updating)

iLoked
08-21-2012, 12:00 AM
Often, we're all hyper excited about these updates to our software, but at the same time there's always the worry: "What if this will mess up my current project? Oh no! I can't update now, I'm in the middle of a project!"

So; I'd like to see an option (I might be a complete idiot, if there already is) to keep the previous installment of PLAY AU/VST when updating. Simply add v4.xx to the name. That would make the transition much smoother and care free.

Thank you.

TGV
08-21-2012, 05:12 AM
That's a pretty neat suggestion. No doubt it's hard to implement, but I'm going to write in modern style: +1

iLoked
08-21-2012, 05:19 AM
Even harder when it comes to upgrading instances within projects, but I'm sure it can be done.

christerholm
08-23-2012, 02:59 PM
I would also like this method like Kontakt. You could have Play 2, Play 3, Play 4 all together. And if you want to "update" old projects, just reload them with the new version.

lejmer
08-24-2012, 02:36 AM
I would also like this method like Kontakt. You could have Play 2, Play 3, Play 4 all together. And if you want to "update" old projects, just reload them with the new version.

Sounds better than appending v4 etc at the end of the files, since that way you won't be able to load anything with an older version without having the older version there, and then you cannot update them to a newer version. So the way you described solves all of those problems.

+1 for that!