PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for PLAY's Performance functions

constaneum
08-29-2012, 07:09 AM
I'm not sure whether anyone has suggested this yet but here goes....

As we all know, all midi sequencers has piano key range starts from C0 until B9 or even B10. Instead of using CC to control turning on and off the performance functions such as Legato , Round Robin Reset, Portamento, Repetitions and etc, why not replace the CC function with keyswitch instead? Perhaps you can assign any of those higher notes which aren't used by East West products (probably C9 onwards) to enable or disable any one of those performance functions. For instance, assignment of C9 to "Portamento", C#9 to "Legato", D9 to "Round Robin Reset" and etc. This will make the life of us midi composers a lot easier than assigning midi controller knobs or whatever with CC65 and etc. I'm one of the kind who can't remember all those CC numbers. Keyswitching method is definitely and easier approach. Really hope that East West can take this into consideration. :rolleyes:

regards,
Ronald

tweirdo
08-31-2012, 04:38 AM
+1

madstarr12
08-31-2012, 02:45 PM
+2 for this! I would love this to be the case. Then that'll leave the mod wheel opened for other effects. But I have a feeling their might be a problem regarding why this can't happen. (there's always a problem with something like this.)

Crown
08-31-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm with you on this one. Useful stuff.

constaneum
09-01-2012, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the support on this suggestion, guys. Let's hope East West will look into this. Basically, we already have an "Articulation Keyswitch". So, i'll call this a "Performance Keyswitch" . I don't see there's any problem implementing this though as those performance features are to be triggered ON or OFF only. there's nothing in between ON and OFF which is like partially ON or partially OFF right ? hahaha....This feature is of coz valid for libraries with performance features like EWQL SO and the Hollywood series.