PDA

View Full Version : QUANTUM LEAP "STORMDRUM" GROUP BUY!

Doug Rogers
05-19-2005, 09:42 PM
We are happy to announce the QUANTUM LEAP "STORMDRUM" GROUP BUY!

http://www.soundsonline.com/Stormdrum_wide.gif

!!!LAST DAY TODAY!!!

LOWEST PRICE REACHED IN JUST 4 DAYS!!!

THE 50% OFF $199 PRICE IS NOW AVAILABLE TO ALL THAT ENTER!!!

Introducing a QUANTUM LEAP "STORMDRUM" GROUP BUY which will result in a 50% discount off the list price if there are more than 161 buyers before it ends on June 30, 2005 (the last 2 Group Buys for the Gold and Platinum Editions of EWQLSO achieved the lowest price in just one week!)

In addition you will receive the EASTWEST/ZERO-G VIRTUAL INSTRUMENT SAMPLER DISC for FREE which includes over 600MBs of sounds from the EW/ZG range of VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS and 2 NATIVE INSTRUMENTS Sample Players!

What is a Group Buy?

A Group Buy is when a group of individual buyers join together to purchase the Group Buy product in bulk, thereby reducing the price of the product based on the number purchased by the group during the group buy period. If the maximum discount is reached for the "STORMDRUM" GROUP BUY each person will save $US200 and pay only $199 for a product that retails for $399.95!!

The Group Buy is available Worldwide.

Even if you currently use a competing product, now's your chance to expand your composing options at a super discount!!

Review quotes -

"The content is classic film score stuff: big fat booming drums, smaller ethnic hand percussion, enough metallic hits to make a steelworker feel at home, and a range of acoustic kits. The ability to load up any patch and have a series of related loops synchronised to the tempo you want is heaven for any composer. StormDrum is one of the few products these days that you could accuse of under-selling itself: a fairly plain box with no images of Mel Gibson or the like, and not smothered in endorsements from Hans Zimmer or Jerry Goldsmith, but it's most certainly worthy of sitting where it does beside the great Symphonic Orchestra Library." - FUTURE MUSIC, UK

"There’s no denying the buzz surrounding this piece of software right now. Storm Drum has captured the imagination of producers worldwide, and as soon you fire it up you will immediately hear why. Designed for cinematic use, the beats here are enormous, and if your collection of drums and percussion is a little bit tired then this will give your music an instant refresher. The samples are of pristine sound quality, and by coupling such mind-blowing power with the necessary degree of subtlety, it blows many other drum titles clear out of the water." - INTERNATIONAL DJ

"At over two-hundred quid Stormdrum is not cheap, but seeing the amount of detail and love that's gone into compiling it, combined with the quality of the actual material, it doesn't seem such a bad deal. If you are looking for an atmospheric, top class collection of percussive loops and multi-samples that combine power with ease of use, then Stormdrum really should be at the top of your list" - DRUMMER, UK

"For a sample set, everything depends on how it sounds. If something in this library doesn't inspire you, get someone to check your pulse!" - DIGITAL MUSIC MAKER

GROUP BUY COUNTER (will be updated periodically)

Counter

Date: July-6-05
Number of subscriptions: 525
Final Price: $199

Days left: Last Day Today!!!

GROUP BUY DURATION

Start: Friday May 20, 2005

Ends: Wednesday July 6, 2005

GROUP BUY PRODUCT

QUANTUM LEAP STORMDRUM
(includes special versions of Native Instruments KOMPAKT and INTAKT Samplers)

http://www.soundsonline.com/appimg/full/EW-162.gif
More info: CLICK HERE (http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-162G) for audio demos, specifications, etc.
GROUP BUY RULES

• To join the Group Buy it is necessary to pay an entry fee of $199 USD which is the minimum amount the product will cost you;

• If 161 buyers or more are reached, you will need no additional payment;

• The final payment will be the difference between the entry fee and the final price. The final price is shown on the table below and depends on the amount of buyers that will take part in the Group Buy;

• By paying the entry fee, you agree to wait until June 30 to receive a link for the final payment. Only after we receive this payment, will we send the product. However, if the minimum amount is reached before then, we will ship all products at that time.

• Both the entry fee and the final payment constitute a purchase. We will not issue any refund;

• The Group Buy is only available at soundsonline.com using the above special link;

GROUP BUY DISCOUNTS -

0-40 $359 10% discount
41-80 $319 20% discount
81-120 $279 30% discount
121-160 $239 40% discount
161+ $199 50% discount

An example:
Imagine there are only 125 buyers in the group when the group buy ends: the discount would be 40% and the final price would be $239 USD for each person that subscribed.

JOIN THE GROUP BUY HERE

To join the Group Buy and pay your entry fee, click the next link:

GROUP BUY QUANTUM LEAP STORMDRUM (http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-162G)

(All transactions are transmitted securely through SSL)

If you have any questions or doubts, please send an email to sales@eastwestsounds.com (sales@eastwestsounds.com)

Joseph Burrell
05-19-2005, 09:51 PM
This is just MEAN. Wait until I have no money and offer a Group Buy for a product I've been wanting for ages.

Joseph Burrell
05-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Shouldn't this read $199.00?

To join the Group Buy it is necessary to pay an entry fee of $359 USD which is the minimum amount the product will cost you;

chocothrax
05-19-2005, 10:15 PM
What's more mean is offering the group buy after I bought Stormdrum at regular price. :) I always seem to buy things at bad times.

Doug Rogers
05-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Shouldn't this read $199.00?

To join the Group Buy it is necessary to pay an entry fee of $359 USD which is the minimum amount the product will cost you;

$199 will be the price after 161 subscribers join.

It's pretty obvious given the numbers from the past 2 group buys that this will happen very quickly!

- Doug

Joseph Burrell
05-19-2005, 10:53 PM
But the entry fee should only be 199 right? That's what I'm saying. I don't know I've been up for 24 hours. :p

Heezzi
05-19-2005, 11:24 PM
So when the price gets two $199, you are going to refund the difference?

Cobb
05-20-2005, 02:24 AM
I just bought StormDrum last week. I guess the early bird doesn't always get the worm.

Cobb

Doug Rogers
05-20-2005, 07:26 AM
So when the price gets two $199, you are going to refund the difference?

You only pay $199 to join using the STORM promotional code.

I'm totally confident there will be nothing more to pay based on past group buys - STORMDRUM is a very popular product! Check out the customer reviews at the bottom of this page (don't order from here though, use the link in the first post) -

http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-162

- Doug

zvenx
05-20-2005, 08:30 AM
hi doug that is what an earlier poster was pointing out.
there is a typo:

it says "GROUP BUY RULES

• To join the Group Buy it is necessary to pay an entry fee of $359 USD which is the minimum amount the product will cost you;

I think you need to correct the entry fee of $199.

rsp

Phantom
05-20-2005, 08:53 AM
This is my first ever post so just a quick thank you first to Doug and the other staff for producing the greatest software I have ever encountered.

Thanks guys - keep 'em coming! :)

Now, I notice other members have the same worry about this Group Buy offer for SD. I myself just bought Stormdrum a month back. If only I knew I could get this at a possible 50% discount.

I would have been able to buy Percussive Adv. 2 if I did.

Oh well.

Doug, will Percussive Adventures 2 have a Group Buy offer soon?

Thanks

Doug Rogers
05-20-2005, 08:54 AM
hi doug that is what an earlier poster was pointing out.
there is a typo:

it says "GROUP BUY RULES

• To join the Group Buy it is necessary to pay an entry fee of $359 USD which is the minimum amount the product will cost you;
"

I think you need to correct the entry fee of $199.

rsp

Got it!

It's now fixed.

- Doug

Hardy Heern
05-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Satan back!!! No more temptation...please!!! :)

I've got 700 odd points. I can't use them on this, can I?

Frank

ComposerNYC
05-20-2005, 09:24 AM
STORMDRUM is really one of the most amazing products out there. If you're wondering whether or not you should do it, just go listen to the demos & realize that that's EXACTLY what you're getting, times a bazillion. Seriously, it's amazing... and at the group buy price it'll be a steal. It's one of the best purchases I've ever made.

JUST DO IT!

Kerry

dpasdernick
05-20-2005, 09:30 AM
Stormdrum for $200!
Gold is selling for $495!
Silver is $145!!!

I can't believe these deals! I almost want to buy them over again!!!!

Doug and Nick,

Should we be concerned that you and Nick will get so rich we won't be seeing any more great libraries in the near future? Or will the next library be a sound set of Playboy bunnies giggling on your private beach? (3 mic positions please, + training DVD)

What a great company EW is!

All the very best and keep 'em coming!

Darren

Do a group buy for the RA/Collossus/Choirs package. (I know it's a tad early but it may help to put a new Ferrari in your driveways!) ;)

Hardy Heern
05-20-2005, 09:31 AM
STORMDRUM is really one of the most amazing products out there. If you're wondering whether or not you should do it, just go listen to the demos & realize that that's EXACTLY what you're getting, times a bazillion. Seriously, it's amazing... and at the group buy price it'll be a steal. It's one of the best purchases I've ever made.

JUST DO IT!

Kerry

Thanks, it does seem to be seriously good.....I don't think I've read anything bad about this one.

Frank

jmeredith
05-20-2005, 10:19 AM
I just bought Stormdrum 2 weeks ago... this makes 3 group buys I've missed out on by 2 weeks or less :(

Sean R. Beeson
05-20-2005, 10:29 AM
This is incredible. SD is in my top 3 favorite EWQL products. It is a neccessity for any composer, and you won't be disappointed by it. It is what I like to call an enhancer. :) Even if you are writing a piece that doesn't need SD, put it in there, it will sound better.

Sean

Doug Rogers
05-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Do a group buy for the RA/Collossus/Choirs package. (I know it's a tad early but it may help to put a new Ferrari in your driveways!) ;)

We wouldn't put any new product into a group buy for at least a year - and I already have a Ferrari in my driveway!

- Doug

Doug Rogers
05-20-2005, 10:33 AM
This is incredible. SD is in my top 3 favorite EWQL products. It is a neccessity for any composer, and you won't be disappointed by it. It is what I like to call an enhancer. :) Even if you are writing a piece that doesn't need SD, put it in there, it will sound better.

Sean

Btw, for those that have RA - Stormdrum is the perfect companion to RA.

- Doug

der_dennis
05-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Ha, just in time. i was just about to buy Stylus RMX (i phoned my store 5 minutes ago...), dropped by and now.... Think i will be the first one to subscribe. Bur first: how much will shipping to germany cost? Is it free like it was on SO-Groupbuy? Any goodies for the first subscribers? (we live in a greedy world).... This is so cool

Dennis

legofred
05-20-2005, 11:18 AM
I'm in! Am I the first (Order Number 216832)??? At this price I am of course not expecting any bonus. I just want to know whether or not I started THE SHOW :D :D :D . Because this is going to be the greatest group buy ever. My guess is 1,000 subscriptions or more.

And thank you Doug and EW for doing this group buy. As a non-professional, offers like these are very much appreciated. Even though I will now have to wait for three kick ass libraries. :eek: How can I possible survive...

Debinani
05-20-2005, 11:19 AM
I am sooooo in on this. Been waiting for an excuse to pick it up. :)
Order placed baybe.

der_dennis
05-20-2005, 11:23 AM
I'm in! Am I the first (Order Number 216832)??? At this price I am of course not expecting any bonus. I just want to know whether or not I started THE SHOW :D :D :D .

Hmm, damn, ok, so maybe i will be the second (as always :D )

legofred
05-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Hmm, damn, ok, so maybe i will be the second (as always )
There have most likely been a lot of subscribtions already, long before mine :)

Briggity
05-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Group Buy page won't load in my browser (Safari - Mac OS 10.4.1).
Maybe server is slammed? Anyone else having this problem?

Doug Rogers
05-20-2005, 12:15 PM
We got slammed - just hold off for a while, there's plenty of time.

- Doug

Looper
05-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Hi Doug,

Thanks for offering this group buy. I'm wondering if there's reason the maximum discount on the one is 50% instead the customary 60%.

Jared Hudson
05-20-2005, 01:23 PM
I have a $100 credit on this site. Would I be able to apply that on top of the Group Buy? :rolleyes:

Jared

Doug Rogers
05-20-2005, 01:50 PM
So I don't have to answer every post about this, you cannot combine points with any promotion - that has been a rule at SOL since 1995.

- Doug

sugar hari
05-20-2005, 03:21 PM
WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU GAVE GODZILLA DRUMSTICKS?

That did it, I'm in.

In the words of George Gershwin, I finally got rhythm.

Thanks!

lilainjil
05-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Well this is just great news for those of us who bought the product last week at full price and are still unable to use it because the registration tool does not work on Mac OS 10.4. Salt in the wounds.

janila
05-20-2005, 05:27 PM
That really sucks. I have an idea. How about adding Percussive Adventures 2 to the group buy FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ALREADY HAVE STORMDRUM, including those who buy the Stormdrum in the group buy. The price would be the same as the price for the Stormdrum in the group buy. This way almost everyone can have some cool percussions for a nice price. The few of us who already have both are rich bastards and deserve to pay the full price. :D Doesn't everyone have the Stormdrum already..?

I'm just being jealous as I already have everything I need of the stuff that is currently discounted and I've been hoping for a discount for the Percussive Adventures 2. :rolleyes:

tgfoo
05-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Well, I guess I can't use the "Yeah, but I really don't have the money" excuse anymore for putting off buying stormdrum. Good times.

StrangeCat
05-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Whahaha this is Fantastic! This is one of the Libraries i have always wanted to buy I never though it would be on a Group Buy! Yes! EastWest is so Cool!!! :D
I deffinitly signed up for this!
See Ya

erdu horn
05-20-2005, 07:42 PM
OK. I'm in .
This is just the stuff that gets the creative juices flowing. Just listening to the demos, I was improvising playing over he tracks. Gotta have it. Now . . . to see how fast it gets to 161 buyers so that they will start shipping right away.

Yay!

synergy543
05-20-2005, 08:04 PM
I just bought StormDrum last week. I guess the early bird doesn't always get the worm.

Cobb Its the second mouse that gets the cheese.:D

So who took my cheese?

Joseph Burrell
05-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Just listened to Rise of the Robots... Well, I guess I don't have any choice now. I'll have to get in on this one.

Is ALL the percussion in that track Storm Drum. Also interested in the instruments in Dark World, I'm assuming they're all Storm Drum too?

Q: I can choose not to install the loops right? I don't plan on using them.

styxstyx
05-21-2005, 04:23 AM
Hi there,
I actually took the plunge - perhaps the first actual buyer?
Please, let it rool :)

Styxstyx
Copenhagen

midislut
05-21-2005, 07:07 AM
perfect timing !!!

mmm.....this with perc ad 2 + ra = :D

:) :) :)

Journeyman
05-21-2005, 07:32 AM
Doug,

Where it says " This product requires registration within 5 days (by web, fax or mail)."

This means five days after the initial install, correct? Thanks!

Neilfactory
05-21-2005, 07:41 AM
This means five days after the initial install, correct? Thanks!
Yes.

Neil.

Andrew Sigler
05-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Wow!

I spent all day banging my head against the wall on a particular project, and I get an email that erases all pain. Stormdrum for 50% off...

What a kick in the pants.

Hardy Heern
05-21-2005, 09:29 AM
So I don't have to answer every post about this, you cannot combine points with any promotion - that has been a rule at SOL since 1995.

- Doug

Yes, but I was born in 1945! :D

Frank

No harm in asking....yet again....

Doug Rogers
05-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Just listened to Rise of the Robots... Well, I guess I don't have any choice now. I'll have to get in on this one.

Is ALL the percussion in that track Storm Drum. Also interested in the instruments in Dark World, I'm assuming they're all Storm Drum too?

Q: I can choose not to install the loops right? I don't plan on using them.

All of the rhythm parts come from Stormdrum. Any other instruments are from other EW/QL collections.

The multisampled instruments come with a Kompakt player and the loops come with an Intakt player (it's actually 2 libraries in 1), so you don't need to install the Intakt player if you don't want loops; but there's some pretty cool stuff in there, so you should check it out first before making any decisions.

- Doug

Doug Rogers
05-22-2005, 08:53 AM
The second discount level has been reached in just 2 days!!

Counter
Date: May-22-05
Number of subscriptions: 47
Current Price: $319
Days left: 40 days

:) :)

midislut
05-22-2005, 09:40 AM
mmm...these group buys are addicting....

my credit card is swiped hot the last few days at soundsonline !! :eek: :eek:

but as they say.....when a good deal comes along go for it !! ;)

Neilfactory
05-22-2005, 12:56 PM
The second discount level has been reached in just 2 days!!
My god! Another success! (A good deal for me too...)

Neil.

Devon Brent
05-23-2005, 05:06 AM
If anyone is interested in reading my review of StormDrum for Trax Music, just follow the link.

http://www.traxmusic.org/stormdrum.shtml

Great piece of kit, especially for $199!

Devon Brent

Doug Rogers
05-23-2005, 04:22 PM
The third discount level has been reached in just 3 days!!!

Thanks everyone for your support - this could be the biggest Group Buy that we've done.

Counter
Date: May-23-05
Number of subscriptions: 83
Current Price: $279
Days left: 39 days

:) :)

legofred
05-24-2005, 08:07 AM
Thanks everyone for your support - this could be the biggest Group Buy that we've done.Yes, like I have predicted:
Because this is going to be the greatest group buy ever. My guess is 1,000 subscriptions or more.

Doug Rogers
05-24-2005, 05:38 PM
STOP PRESS STOP PRESS STOP PRESS STOP PRESS STOP PRESS STOP PRESS STOP PRESS STOP PRESS STOP PRESS

LOWEST PRICE REACHED IN JUST 4 DAYS!!!

THE 50% OFF $199 PRICE IS NOW AVAILABLE TO ALL THAT ENTER!!!

GROUP BUY COUNTER (will be updated daily)

Counter

Date: May-24-05
Number of subscriptions: 167
Current Price: $199

Days left: 38 days

Stefan Podell
05-24-2005, 05:43 PM
I think I've made a post like this for every EW/QL group buy in the last 6 months, but....

HOLY CRAP! :p

Sean R. Beeson
05-24-2005, 05:48 PM
This is INSANE! I already own SD, but yeah, incredible. Thanks Doug and Nick for such great software. I am thinking 1000 copies.

Sean

ayanowitz
05-24-2005, 06:02 PM
I hope that means that the copy of SD we ordered through this group buy will be shipped to us soon?

Any estimates on when we should expect it?

Congrats on another great group-buy.

Andy

Doug Rogers
05-24-2005, 06:24 PM
I hope that means that the copy of SD we ordered through this group buy will be shipped to us soon?

Any estimates on when we should expect it?

Congrats on another great group-buy.

Andy

Yes, we'll start shipping them immediately.

- Doug

Evan
05-24-2005, 06:56 PM
I just bought Mine...Im so Excited!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Thanks Nick and Doug!

tango9jeff
05-24-2005, 08:58 PM
I jumped on the band wagon too! I love culture but it doe not have the big hard hitting taiko drums I need but great rare ethnic drums =) I'm excited!!

KevinKauai
05-25-2005, 01:57 AM
Yes, we'll start shipping them immediately.And since there was no "maximum number" or "sold out"provisions specified the same price ($199) will remain available through June 20?

thx -- KevinKauai

Neilfactory
05-25-2005, 03:51 AM
Impressive! :)

janila
05-25-2005, 04:34 AM
Now how about that Percussive Adventures 2 GB? :p

Drizzt
05-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Once again I have been pulled in.....

To all at EW, once you release Symphonic Choirs please GO ON VACATION!

In the past few months I have Purchased Colossus, RA, EWQLSO Silver, Platinum, Choirs, Adrenaline, DKFH2, and now Stromdrum....

I beg of you no more. Allow me to at least pay for all of my previous purchases before I submit to more.

(Queue yet another group buy that I will be sucked into) :p

Doug Rogers
05-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Once again I have been pulled in.....

To all at EW, once you release Symphonic Choirs please GO ON VACATION!

In the past few months I have Purchased Colossus, RA, EWQLSO Silver, Platinum, Choirs, Adrenaline, DKFH2, and now Stromdrum....

I beg of you no more. Allow me to at least pay for all of my previous purchases before I submit to more.

(Queue yet another group buy that I will be sucked into) :p

Well, you forgot about the EWQLSO Pro Upgrades - after those we're going on vacation for sure!

- Doug

Neilfactory
05-25-2005, 11:42 AM
For mine, i want to go on VACATION to EastWest's world!

Neil.

Doug Rogers
05-25-2005, 11:47 AM
For mine, i want to go on VACATION to EastWest's world!

Neil.

We'll swap, aren't you near the South of France?

- Doug

Neilfactory
05-25-2005, 01:57 PM
aren't you near the South of France?
Exactly.It's better of Paris before.But i want go to L.A!

Just a question of Stormdrum>
Who compose Stormdrum's demos?Nick?There are great.I think of Hans Zimmer music.I hear choir too>Voices of The Apocalypse ?

Neil.

ChrisE
05-25-2005, 02:16 PM
I have wanted SD for a while now, but I live in the UK :( Is it possible to ship it over, and how much would the shipping cost? Or will UK stores be doing a SD group buy soon?

Sorry for all the questions but i may need to put that order through for a credit card ;)

ChrisE

legofred
05-25-2005, 02:56 PM
I have wanted SD for a while now, but I live in the UK Is it possible to ship it over, and how much would the shipping cost? Or will UK stores be doing a SD group buy soon?Shipping to UK is $14 i think. Plus you will probably have to add the UK VAT to the price.

Doug Rogers
05-26-2005, 10:17 AM

Counter

Date: May-26-05
Number of subscriptions: 201

Days left: 36 days

Neilfactory
05-26-2005, 11:37 AM
Great>>>

Neil.

Stefan Podell
05-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Got mine this morning. Woohoo! I also used my points to get Adrenaline. That might be fun, too. Adrenaline + Choirs = hmmmmm.......

tgfoo
05-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Got mine this morning. Woohoo! I also used my points to get Adrenaline. That might be fun, too. Adrenaline + Choirs = hmmmmm.......

So then it's shipping already?

Drizzt
05-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Well, you forgot about the EWQLSO Pro Upgrades - after those we're going on vacation for sure!

- Doug

Tempt me not. I think I will have to wait for the next go around :p

Joseph Burrell
05-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Crap, had to change my billing info and it lost the promotional code and I wasn't paying attention. Hope Jennifer is around to cancel the order so my stupid arse can try again. :o

Doug Rogers
05-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Crap, had to change my billing info and it lost the promotional code and I wasn't paying attention. Hope Jennifer is around to cancel the order so my stupid arse can try again. :o

Don't worry, many do this, we correct all of them.

- Doug

Doug Rogers
05-27-2005, 10:32 AM

Counter

Date: May-31-05
Number of subscriptions: 273

Days left: 31 days

evaclear
05-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Pounce...i'm in! :D :D Please, no more unrefusable group buys!

Haggis
05-31-2005, 05:18 AM
damn you evaclear, you've pushed me over the edge :D ;)

... melbourne adds another ... :eek:

Evan
05-31-2005, 11:25 AM
I just got SD 15 minutes ago *dances aroung like a leprechaun*

And Ive been writing a song just for it :)

Hardy Heern
05-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Can I resist? That's the question....can I resist?

EuroFrank
Qui ou Non?

Hardy Heern
05-31-2005, 03:44 PM
damn you evaclear, you've pushed me over the edge :D ;)

What's a haggis doing in Australia?

Frank

sinkd
05-31-2005, 04:00 PM

Frank

I don't know, but...

(raises a shot of Glen Morangie)

TO THE HAGGIS!

--ds

neoTypic
06-01-2005, 02:21 AM
Oy my card is burning. Yeowch!

No more, no more! :p

Neilfactory
06-01-2005, 03:01 AM
Me too!
But it's not expensive!It's very good deal.

Neil.

neoTypic
06-01-2005, 03:10 AM
Me too!
But it's not expensive!It's very good deal.

Neil.

Stormdrum alone was not actually. It's very reasonably priced at this point! It was the Symphonic Choirs on top of it that hurt! *laughs! :D

I figured if I was going to be fiscally irresponsible I might as well do it in one big leap. Heheh. :p

SteveBur
06-01-2005, 07:13 AM
Hello everyone,
My first post here.
I'm probably going to get in on this but I have a question about the system requirements for MAC. There seems to be a very broad range from the minimum and recomended hardware requirements.
I just purchased a MAC mini 1.42GHz with 80 GB hard drive and 512 MEGs of RAM. Will this be good to run Stormdrum without latency?

Thank you,
Steve

neoTypic
06-01-2005, 07:33 AM
Hello everyone,
My first post here.
I'm probably going to get in on this but I have a question about the system requirements for MAC. There seems to be a very broad range from the minimum and recomended hardware requirements.
I just purchased a MAC mini 1.42GHz with 80 GB hard drive and 512 MEGs of RAM. Will this be good to run Stormdrum without latency?

Thank you,
Steve

Welcome!

What type of audio card are you using? If you have one that supports ASIO drivers you should be good to go. More RAM wouldn't hurt ya though. ;)

Joseph Burrell
06-01-2005, 09:15 AM
I figured if I was going to be fiscally irresponsible I might as well do it in one big leap. Heheh. :p

I need to get that put on some T-shirts. You would not BELIEVE how much money I've dropped in the past 3 months. Ouch. :p

SteveBur
06-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Welcome!

What type of audio card are you using? If you have one that supports ASIO drivers you should be good to go. More RAM wouldn't hurt ya though. ;)

I'm not sure if the MAC mini supports ASIO. I couldn't find any info on this. I also couldn't find any info on what sound card the MAC mini is using. It just said there is an audio out (stereo) jack on the back. That is all I need. Will that work? Thanks again.

neoTypic
06-01-2005, 09:23 AM
I made a punny. ;)

Oh, I sure might bud! :D

I've done the same and done the whole: Oh shit, did I just do that? Oooh yes I did. :eek:

neoTypic
06-01-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm not sure if the MAC mini supports ASIO. I couldn't find any info on this. I also couldn't find any info on what sound card the MAC mini is using. It just said there is an audio out (stereo) jack on the back. That is all I need. Will that work? Thanks again.

Whoops! So sorry! ASIO is a PC thang, this is my late night now. I kan read gud! :o

You should be pretty good to go. The mini isn't your best bet if you want to be doing entire orchestral scores at once, but it should be pretty good for doing some Stormdrum kits with. ;)

Maybe someone else who is more of a Mac person than I can chime in. ;)

SteveBur
06-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Whoops! So sorry! ASIO is a PC thang, this is my late night now. I kan read gud! :o

You should be pretty good to go. The mini isn't your best bet if you want to be doing entire orchestral scores at once, but it should be pretty good for doing some Stormdrum kits with. ;)

Yes, I was going to mainly use it for the drum and percussion sounds. I also was going to use NI Battery. Mainly drum and percussion sounds. Although I really like the other sounds included with Stormdrum as well.

I have another MAC that I use for recording. This one is mainly as a sound module.

Thank you very much for your help.
Cheers,
Steve

neoTypic
06-01-2005, 10:43 AM
More than welcome, glad to be of help. :)

sinkd
06-01-2005, 03:42 PM

Chimin' in!

There is no sound card per se on the mini, just built in outputs which might not be that satisfactory for sample output. You might find that you want a firewire or USB audio output, but then you are potentially doubling your investment. Although there are fairly good, inexpensive solutions from M-Audio or Tascam.

The main thing with the MINI is RAM: It is really hard to get into thge box to install RAM upgrades, so I would at minimum, double the RAM when I bought it. I'm not sure what the max is, but you might consider the full monty if it's < 2G.

DS

Sequent
06-02-2005, 01:40 AM
FWIW, I second that re the loops... the Intakt player has a heck of a lot more under it's hood than just simply playing back loops. I would definitely install it and play with it.
:)

All of the rhythm parts come from Stormdrum. Any other instruments are from other EW/QL collections.

The multisampled instruments come with a Kompakt player and the loops come with an Intakt player (it's actually 2 libraries in 1), so you don't need to install the Intakt player if you don't want loops; but there's some pretty cool stuff in there, so you should check it out first before making any decisions.

- Doug

evaclear
06-02-2005, 03:26 AM
damn you evaclear, you've pushed me over the edge

haha! :D :D i can feel the neighbourhood rumbling!

SteveBur
06-02-2005, 11:24 AM
Chimin' in!

There is no sound card per se on the mini, just built in outputs which might not be that satisfactory for sample output. You might find that you want a firewire or USB audio output, but then you are potentially doubling your investment. Although there are fairly good, inexpensive solutions from M-Audio or Tascam.

The main thing with the MINI is RAM: It is really hard to get into thge box to install RAM upgrades, so I would at minimum, double the RAM when I bought it. I'm not sure what the max is, but you might consider the full monty if it's < 2G.

DS

One GB max RAM on the mini. Which leads me back to my original question. The specs for stormdrum are min 256MB RAM. So it would seem 1GB would be way more than enough. Why is there such a huge spread between min and recomended requirements?

Doug Rogers
06-02-2005, 11:39 AM
One GB max RAM on the mini. Which leads me back to my original question. The specs for stormdrum are min 256MB RAM. So it would seem 1GB would be way more than enough. Why is there such a huge spread between min and recomended requirements?

The more ram you have, the more you can load.

- Doug

Doug Rogers
06-02-2005, 11:50 AM

Counter

Date: June-03-05
Number of subscriptions: 311

Days left: 28 days

Rico
06-02-2005, 03:31 PM
So what can I say... Resistance is futile... :)

I've been drooling over StormDrums since I first saw it. Enter group buy, and just in time for the yearly tax refund from the Swedish Government to arrive, can it be any better? I just love summer! :cool:

Cheers,
Rico

Joseph Burrell
06-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Just thought I'd give my initial experience with Storm Drum. Here it is... :eek:

If there was any library that was 100% worth the money this is it. I thank you Doug and the rest of the Soundsonline crew for bringing us this Group Buy. Its worth $399 and an absolute steal at $199.

Haggis
06-03-2005, 02:29 AM

Frank

well, it wasn't an easy swim, but I continued undeterred :D

ChrisE
06-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Waiting till the 28th of June (payday) and I'll order straight away :D

Doug Rogers
06-04-2005, 11:34 AM

Counter

Date: June-06-05
Number of subscriptions: 336

Days left: 25 days

andrew_k
06-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Hi all,
i just tuned in to this stormdrum group buy. I registered and put it in my shopping basket but on checkout it still comes up with $399. Is that correct or does the price get adjusted in the final stage.
Also, is there a way i can get fedex to deliver it to my work address because the address on my credit card is my residential one and im not there during the day.

thanks!

neoTypic
06-06-2005, 12:24 AM
Hi all,
i just tuned in to this stormdrum group buy. I registered and put it in my shopping basket but on checkout it still comes up with $399. Is that correct or does the price get adjusted in the final stage.
Also, is there a way i can get fedex to deliver it to my work address because the address on my credit card is my residential one and im not there during the day.

thanks!

Hey bud!

You have to enter "STORM" in the promo box on the checkout page and hit recalculate to get the discounted price.

I can't say on that one, but the best way to find out is probably to e-mail Jennifer (http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=9).

evaclear
06-06-2005, 02:36 AM
WOW!

9 days to convert from my online purchase to "product in hands" in Australia :D :) :eek:

Fast and tasty work guys! Thanks!

andrew_k
06-06-2005, 08:15 PM
thanks for the help.
I think i'll just get the address on my card changed to my work address to save any hassles.
Also, can anyone tell me if its possible to rewire stormdrum into protools.
thanks

PaulR
06-07-2005, 10:40 AM
What are the Customs & Excise duties on this when sending to the UK? Are there any other taxes to pay and how much?

What would the total extra amounts come to in other words?

Thanks

PR

imton1151
06-07-2005, 02:49 PM
I got so excited about the group buy that I ordered syormdrum right away., forgetting that I already had it from when it first came out. What do I do now? can I return it, sell it? help please,
A faithfull eastwest customer,
Tony.

Haggis
06-08-2005, 03:47 AM
WOW!

9 days to convert from my online purchase to "product in hands" in Australia :D :) :eek:

Fast and tasty work guys! Thanks!

hey evaclear, did you get hit with an $80 fee from customs?

like, $28 GST and a $50 fee because the government needed to make an extra few bucks?

- still cheaper than buying locally, but just wondering.

Peter

Gamma
06-09-2005, 09:11 AM
I bought a G5 (2.5), 4g memory, 150g - system use, 300g - internal (empty), 300g - external(empty). I also use Pro-tools and Performer. Symphonic style scoring mostly.

What is the most efficient scenario to install StormDrums and Choirs to minimize latency?

johnnyt
06-10-2005, 06:19 AM

like, $28 GST and a $50 fee because the government needed to make an extra few bucks?

Peter

Hey Peter,

I got Stormdrum sent to me in Adelaide with no customs duty (fast too). I think for fedex and other courier deliveries the goods value has to be at least $400 AU for taxes. It's $1000 for normal postal service. So Stormdrum on its own shouldn't get hit with any extra fees.

Josh

Doug Rogers
06-10-2005, 08:52 AM

Counter

Date: June-10-05
Number of subscriptions: 357

Days left: 21 days

fr4ncesco
06-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Hello all,

I've just ordered Stormdrum, used the STORM code, but the confirmation email I just received
still says that the price is $399!

Is it normal or should I be worried?

ciao
Francesco

legofred
06-10-2005, 04:42 PM
PM (Private Message) Doug or Jennifer at Sounds Online/East West. THey will take care of it

tchoyy
06-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Arffff I can't resist..... noooooo.....

Mmmhhh let's have a look to my bank account....
minus DFH 2, minus my bills, arrffff I'm gonna be crazy !!! :D

I don't know what I should do !!!

But.... the problem is that I don't have enough place on my hard disk (stormdrum is 6 gigas I think) :D :D :D So I think that I'll have to buy a new hard disk ...

Kaatza_Music
06-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Thanks, Doug and Nick. I received StormDrum and it sounds great, a real value. It also fulfilled a need I had for some really big drum samples. Finally found a snare I like!

Wish I had the bucks to take advantage of EWQL Choir, Collosus and RA at 30% off as I am still waiting for Gold Pro. But like a good wine, it will be ready in its time . . . And my family are down to bread and water and living in a little hut. Does the DEA know how addictive these group buys are?

evaclear
06-10-2005, 10:33 PM

Peter

Yeh, i got hit! Always get hit :( but as you say, still better value than buying locally.

Adelaide people are tax evaders :D (Disclaimer: My wife is from Adelaide)

johnnyt
06-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Yeh, i got hit! Always get hit :( but as you say, still better value than buying locally.

Adelaide people are tax evaders :D (Disclaimer: My wife is from Adelaide)

Just checked on customs website. Turns out if the value is $250 or more you can get extra customs duty. Guess I was just lucky! So Adelaide is good for some things...

evaclear
06-11-2005, 01:32 AM
Just checked on customs website. Turns out if the value is $250 or more you can get extra customs duty. Guess I was just lucky! So Adelaide is good for some things...

It's a shame we copped it.

Good to see yet another Aussie member :)

Haggis
06-11-2005, 02:24 AM

yep, its a $50ish processing fee, (if the goods are valued at more than $250AUD), keeps the poor people honest :rolleyes:

I had three calls from fedex about the incoming delivery and maybe I gave them a stupid answer when they asked me about the contents, said it was a software license. Now they reacted by commenting on the fact that most licenses are just a piece of paper, like virus software. But I said that it would be prohibitive to download the data included with the license but I am still bound by the license so what's the problem? Maybe the answer is to get the EWQL team to divide the packages up into smaller volumes that cost $249 each. :D :D ... just kidding!

At least John Howard will be able to afford his retirement. ;)

tchoyy
06-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Ok ! I'm in

For French users like me :
Shipping is $19.95
So a total of $219.45 with the groupbuy.
This is only 180.937 EUR !!!
Knowing that without groupbuy, it would be 345.424 EUR (with shipping)
What a very interesting purchase ! ;)

I only need RA now :D

Kaatza_Music
06-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Hi, Nick,

All of the updates for StormDrum are dated 2004. I just purchased a copy in the group buy. Do I need any of the posted updates or are they all included in the group buy version?

Doug Rogers
06-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Hi, Nick,

All of the updates for StormDrum are dated 2004. I just purchased a copy in the group buy. Do I need any of the posted updates or are they all included in the group buy version?

Yes, you should download the latest versions.

- Doug

fr4ncesco
06-12-2005, 11:52 PM
Hello all,

I've just ordered Stormdrum, used the STORM code, but the confirmation email I just received
still says that the price is $399!

Is it normal or should I be worried?

ciao
Francesco

Everything solved.
Doug himself took care of my problem and solved it.
I want to underline that he did this on sunday (not everybody would do this...)

thanks again!

ciao
Francesco

evaclear
06-13-2005, 06:20 AM
Everything solved.
Doug himself took care of my problem and solved it.
I want to underline that he did this on sunday (not everybody would do this...)

thanks again!

ciao
Francesco

Agreed. Doug's a rare breed.

zquarles
06-13-2005, 11:50 AM
Great to see this group buy. I work with Storm Drum extensively in the office...so much, in fact, that I bought another copy for my home studio.
Highly recommend.

tchoyy
06-14-2005, 04:59 AM
Do we receive an email when the product is shipped ?

It's the first time I buy directly from eastwest, actually, I usually buy eastwest products from a french website (less expensive for shipping ;) )

Doug Rogers
06-14-2005, 09:20 AM

Counter

Date: June-14-05
Number of subscriptions: 403

Days left: 17 days

zquarles
06-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Congrats, Doug!! I'm using a lot of Stormdrum in Quake4. Me loves it. :)

Actually, I just wrote a piece that ONLY uses EastWest products: Stormdrum, QLSO, and Vapor. heheh

tchoyy-
I don't think I've ever received an email to confirm that a product has shipped...it simply arrived a couple of days after ordering. I would say if you live in the US and haven't gotten your order by the end of the week, you could probably drop a line to the SoundsOnline crew and see what the status is.

Doug Rogers
06-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Congrats, Doug!! I'm using a lot of Stormdrum in Quake4. Me loves it. :)

Actually, I just wrote a piece that ONLY uses EastWest products: Stormdrum, QLSO, and Vapor. heheh

I'd love to hear it - can you post a link or send me a PM with a link if it's not public?

- Doug

zquarles
06-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Heya Doug-

I sent ya a PM.

:-)
-z

Neilfactory
06-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Stormdrum, QLSO, and Vapor.
Yes!too....And Choir! ;)

Neil.

tchoyy
06-16-2005, 04:56 AM
I don't think I've ever received an email to confirm that a product has shipped...it simply arrived a couple of days after ordering. I would say if you live in the US and haven't gotten your order by the end of the week, you could probably drop a line to the SoundsOnline crew and see what the status is.

Ok, we don't receive a mail from eastwest but from fedex ;)

"EAST WEST of EAST WEST sent David Chochoi 1 FedEx International Priority
package(s)."

Great ! :D

bmiranda
06-16-2005, 06:03 AM
Ok, we don't receive a mail from eastwest but from fedex ;)

"EAST WEST of EAST WEST sent David Chochoi 1 FedEx International Priority
package(s)."

Great ! :D

Yep, i also received an email from Fedex. My package will arrive tomorrow !! :)

tchoyy
06-16-2005, 06:18 AM
Yep, i also received an email from Fedex. My package will arrive tomorrow !! :)

Me too :D

tchoyy
06-18-2005, 04:51 AM
:mad: Shipment exception - Regulatory agency clearance delay....

My Stormdrum has been at Paris for 2 days without moving ! Grrrrrrr :(

Doug Rogers
06-18-2005, 03:00 PM

Counter

Date: June-18-05
Number of subscriptions: 432

Days left: 13 days

Neilfactory
06-18-2005, 03:03 PM
>tchoyy
When do you do your order?

Neil.

tchoyy
06-18-2005, 07:21 PM
>tchoyy
When do you do your order?

Neil.

I did my order last sunday, eastwest transmitted it on June 15th

Neilfactory
06-19-2005, 01:51 AM
OK, Thanks tchoyy...

Neil.

tchoyy
06-20-2005, 05:41 AM
Taxes for france are 41 euros

KevinKauai
06-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Wouldn't it be REALLY NICE is EW SoundsOnline providing TRACKING NUMBERS when the item is shipped (Group Buy or normal) as so many other online retailers do!?

Living out here in Hawaii, I find it helps to have the UPS, USPS, FedEx or AirBorne numbers just so that I can see when the package might arrive. I've gotten confirmation from "jennifer@eastwestsounds.com" but I don't see that the credit card has charged, so I'm guessing my Group Buy is still languishing somewhere in "order fulfillment". It sure would be nice to KNOW!

Just an idea .. from a grateful "saver"!

:) KevinKauai

Doug Rogers
06-20-2005, 12:42 PM
We're working on this.

- Doug

KevinKauai
06-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Hi, Doug - -

Literally MINUTES after I posted my "mini-plaint" I got an advice notice from FedEx that states "EAST WEST of EAST WEST sent (my full name) 1 FedEx Priority Overnight package(s)" also citing the "Reference" Order number and providing the FedEx tracking number.

So, apparently, that part of the "loop" is in place. I guess what's missing is that six (6) calendar days elapsed since the confirmation of the order and the advice of shipping while the order was in some sort of EastWest "limbo". In a "right now" world, we've unfortunately come to expect more, given the extreme hand-holding of Amazon, Drugstore.com and others.

Color me "spoiled" -- not to mention "militant consumer"!

Thanks for all that you do!

cheers ... KevinKauai

tchoyy
06-21-2005, 06:51 AM
French Fedex sucks :mad:
I can't understand ! 1 day to send my stormdrum from california to Paris, 7 days from Paris to Dijon !!! there's only 500 Kms !!! It's incredible !!
Now it is at Dijon, and I didn't received it, I'll receive it tomorrow !

Pfffffff :mad:

Doug Rogers
06-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Hi, Doug - -

Literally MINUTES after I posted my "mini-plaint" I got an advice notice from FedEx that states "EAST WEST of EAST WEST sent (my full name) 1 FedEx Priority Overnight package(s)" also citing the "Reference" Order number and providing the FedEx tracking number.

So, apparently, that part of the "loop" is in place. I guess what's missing is that six (6) calendar days elapsed since the confirmation of the order and the advice of shipping while the order was in some sort of EastWest "limbo". In a "right now" world, we've unfortunately come to expect more, given the extreme hand-holding of Amazon, Drugstore.com and others.

Color me "spoiled" -- not to mention "militant consumer"!

Thanks for all that you do!

cheers ... KevinKauai

Kevin,

Send me a PM with the name you ordered under. It shouldn't have taken this long and I want to investigate.

- Doug

tchoyy
06-22-2005, 05:41 AM
Finally, I received my stormdrum :D I'm happy till the end of the day :D

awpmusic
06-22-2005, 06:29 AM
..and for many more days no doubt! :)
Have fun!

tchoyy
06-22-2005, 09:38 AM
..and for many more days no doubt! :)
Have fun!

Yeah no doubt ;)

I have a little question :

Are the loops (with intakt) played with the percussions loadable with kompakt ? I mean, can I retrieve all the percussions instruments with kompakt ?

awpmusic
06-22-2005, 10:27 AM
you can play the loops in the Intakt player supplied - or the full version of Kontakt.

tchoyy
06-22-2005, 11:37 AM
you can play the loops in the Intakt player supplied - or the full version of Kontakt.

No, you didn't understand, it's my fault.

I want to know if all the loops from stormdrum intakt are played by instruments from stormdrum kompakt library ? Are all the instruments from the loops included in the kompakt library ?

Do you know what I mean ? :D

Neilfactory
06-24-2005, 04:18 AM
I want to know if all the loops from stormdrum intakt are played by instruments from stormdrum kompakt library ?
Hum yes, good question.Like STYLUS with drag and drop with midi file for example.

(Fedex call me, i'll receive monday or thuesday!)
Neil.

Neilfactory
06-24-2005, 04:20 AM
tchoyy>
How mucth you pay exactly in euro without taxe?Thanks.

Neil.

Doug Rogers
06-24-2005, 01:53 PM
This is the last week, and your last chance to save 50%!!

Counter

Date: June-24-05
Number of subscriptions: 472

Days left: 7 days

tchoyy
07-01-2005, 03:16 AM
tchoyy>
How mucth you pay exactly in euro without taxe?Thanks.

Neil.

Sorry, I didn't see your post ;)

Taxes : 41 euros
Stormdrum + shipping : an average of 180 euros

I'll have a look when I'm back home to give you the exact price

tchoyy
07-01-2005, 04:54 AM
Ok neil, I payed 185,87 EUR without taxes, only the product & shipping

jbsound
07-01-2005, 06:03 AM
Hi Doug and Folks at Quantum Leap/East West,

I just thought to make you aware that it looks like the order page for Storm Drum is not working right. The web page states that the promotion period has expired even though we have a few more days to go.

I would like to order Storm Drum at the Group Buy price. Could you check into it? Thanks!

JB

Magpie
07-01-2005, 06:16 AM

I just thought to make you aware that it looks like the order page for Storm Drum is not working right. The web page states that the promotion period has expired even though we have a few more days to go.

I would like to order Storm Drum at the Group Buy price. Could you check into it? Thanks!

JB

Ends: Thursday June 30, 2005

Sorry it looks like you just missed out :eek:

tchoyy
07-01-2005, 08:07 AM
Nope, there is an extension :

Ends: Ends July 6th, 2005

Stefan Leiste
07-01-2005, 09:50 AM

JB

Hi JB

I just checked the order option and it works well. Please go ahead and try it again

Thanks

Stefan

ChrisE
07-05-2005, 06:33 AM
Just ordered mine :D

Doug Rogers
07-06-2005, 11:07 AM
This is the last day, and your last chance to save 50%!!

Counter

Date: July-6-05
Number of subscriptions: 525

Days left: Last Day Today!!!

Joseph Burrell
07-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Well you folks sitting on the fence need to jump in now then.

Thanks Doug for this opportunity. I'm still kicking myself for not getting it sooner now that I own it.

I wonder what kind of deal is next?

Hardy Heern
07-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Phew.....nearly made it.....just one more day to resist this offer. :(

I just couldn't resist the Gold Goup Buy and although absolutely everyone loves Storm Drum I can't justify buying 'only' drums for half the price of an entire (and highly praised) complete orchestra.

Perhaps next time......I know I can hold out.....I know I can! :eek:

$150max and I would have been a gonner......eveyone has their price! :) I guess its the shipping and tax (making it ~$260+ here) which just takes it off the irresistible (damn it, let's have it anyway) list :o

Frank