PDA

View Full Version : TchoyY

tchoyy
05-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Name : David CHOCHOI
Main Occupation : Computer engineer
Town : Dijon (the town of the mustard :D )
Favorite Movie Composer : Danny Elfman !
Favorite Classical Composer : Tchaikovsky
Soundclick Page : http://www.soundclick.com/davidchochoi

Here is my face :

http://www.compositeur.org/compositeurs/compositeur_david_chochoi.jpg

I've been playing guitar for 12 years, I was a composer and guitarist in extreme metal bands (Black metal, Death metal, HxC, etc...), and I did a lot of concerts.
Then I had to move to Dijon and due to the lack of people liking the same music as me, I started with composing at home. I discovered EWQL products, started composing scores with Silver mixing it with my guitars then I've been fond of movie scores and have composed orchestral stuffs since february 2005. Now I work with Gold Pro XP. This forum helped me a lot to progress.

At this time I'm scoring a 3D animated short movie which will be shown to Pixar and Dreamwork, I'm also working on a orchestral metal album with a soprano singer.

TheVamp
05-31-2006, 06:26 AM
Ah, a face to the lovely music! Now that I have you, how do you pronounce your last name? (I've been telling a lot of my film score fan friends about you.) Is it cho-CHOY or cho-SHWA? Something completely different? Accent on the first or second syllable?

tchoyy
05-31-2006, 06:45 AM
Ah, a face to the lovely music! Now that I have you, how do you pronounce your last name? (I've been telling a lot of my film score fan friends about you.) Is it cho-CHOY or cho-SHWA? Something completely different? Accent on the first or second syllable?

lol, well, accent on the first syllable and...mmhh well, difficult to explain in english, I'm not very strong in pronuncation.
The best you could do if you really want to know is to go here (http://public.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php), then select "Alain......French" in the Voice & Language, then, type in CHOCHOI and click on speak :D

TheVamp
05-31-2006, 11:07 AM
Aha! SHO-shwa. Got it. :D

Neilfactory
05-31-2006, 11:57 AM
T'as toujours une barbe?

nikolas
05-31-2006, 12:50 PM
je crois que oui!!!!!!!! :D

I have no idea absolutely, but wanted to show that I know at least 4 french words! :D

Tchoyy: You look scary mate. :D

tchoyy
05-31-2006, 01:16 PM
T'as toujours une barbe?

Généralement je n'ai que le bouc, mais par moment j'ai trop la flemme de me raser du coup je me retrouve souvent avec la barbe :D

Je crois que oui!!!!!!!!
I have no idea absolutely, but wanted to show that I know at least 4 french words!

More, I'm sure you know "Bonjour", "Au revoir" and "Merci", so this is 7 french words :D

Tchoyy: You look scary mate.

Really ? Why ?
Actually I scare children :D

Neilfactory
05-31-2006, 01:44 PM
:D

nikolas
05-31-2006, 01:45 PM
Actually I scare children :D
Yes you do!

Look at my son:

I showed him your pic in order to eat and now :(

nikolas
05-31-2006, 01:46 PM
PS. That's the ugliest picture of him I got :D

lol

tchoyy
05-31-2006, 02:28 PM
:D :D

tchoyy
06-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Me younger doing Death Metal with an unplugged electric Guitar :D

http://fr.audiofanzine.com/img/membres/normal/4/8/48632.jpg

Lee Ophelius
06-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Hello Tchoyy, wasnt an early member of Emperor called tchoyy and from what i can remember looked a little like you:) Wait a minuite was it you?????
Anyway i too used to play in a black/extreme metal band signed to cacophonous records before they went bust, my band was called Ebonylake.
I too now write orchesral film scores, hopefully professionally one day;)
Anyway nice to meet you.

Duncan S.
06-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Hello Tchoyy, wasnt an early member of Emperor called tchoyy and from what i can remember looked a little like you:) Wait a minuite was it you?????
Anyway i too used to play in a black/extreme metal band signed to cacophonous records before they went bust, my band was called Ebonylake.
I too now write orchesral film scores, hopefully professionally one day;)
Anyway nice to meet you.

That would be Tchort of Emperor; close, though!

Cheers from another metalhead who's sticking his head into the orchestral world.

tchoyy
06-03-2006, 12:16 PM
That would be Tchort of Emperor; close, though!

;) I would be very proud if I would be from Emperor, but no :D

luima
06-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Hi David,
I allways imagined you as the pictures of the young Debussy, including the beard, Now I see that I was not very far from the reality.
Regards
Luis

tchoyy
06-05-2006, 03:18 AM
Hi David,
I allways imagined you as the pictures of the young Debussy, including the beard, Now I see that I was not very far from the reality.
Regards
Luis

:D
Hey Luima, glad you're back here ;)
Thanks for the comparison, I would like to have all of his talent ;)

Philzy
06-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Finally good to see a pict of you mate, Face to that talent and all that.

'on the pict where your playing the guitar' you need a mountain of fire behind you :D
That would look great hehe

Love your music I'm a Big fan of all that is tchoyy

Keep it up mate

Chris

babaorum
06-05-2006, 11:40 AM
"Death Metal with an unplugged electric Guitar" that's a great performance :D

but you are a great performer David, a great & accessible person too who know compose in a huge variety of styles, I'm sure you have a long highway of successes in front of you :cool:

Best regards my friend,

Baba

Phantom
06-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Looking cool with the guitar David :)

Realy cool photo

Ezra

tchoyy
06-06-2006, 12:09 AM
Thanks for your nice words mates, I really appreciate ;)

Randall
06-11-2006, 04:33 PM
So this is the man behind all those great stuff i downloaded here.
Nice to meet you and keep the grat work.

My regards

tango9jeff
06-13-2006, 06:02 AM
Hey tchoyy, I just wanted to say hi and say congrats on your great music! You have alot of talent and its been great fun sharing music and getting your feedback on my music as well! Goodluck to you and I hope you find success! :)

CHORD
06-15-2006, 12:49 PM
"I'm also working on a orchestral metal album with a soprano singer."

that must be kool. I have been searching for an opera style singer for sometime. I might just buy Bela D media and move on.

Working with Pixar? Congratulations.

SOJO7
07-02-2006, 08:06 AM
So now I can put a face to the name of forum legend Tchoyy.:) You do great work. My congratulations on your accomplishments.

nikolas
07-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Hem... Sorry to bother your thread but:

Me and a couple of more guys (take a look at the trumpet question) have decided that you are the most sexy, talented and gifted around these places :D :D :D

LOL

tchoyy
07-05-2006, 02:26 PM
the most sexy

I knew that, roberto doesn't believe me, he should take care, I'm more sexy than him, I'm more a playboy than him :D :p :D

tchoyy
10-10-2006, 02:04 AM
Hi, some news about me.

Well, maybe you noticed I'm not often on the forum than I should be :D
It's because of my notoriety, you know...when you're a famous 25 yo hollywood composer, working with Elfman, scoring big blockbusters, earning so much money that I could buy Eastwest easily, etc.... I don't need to prove my huge talent anymore, and you're all crap, I'M THE BEST !!!

:matmilne: :matmilne: :matmilne: :matmilne:

:D :D :D :D

No seriously, I've got 5 french short movies to score before january, so a lot of work to do.
This is because of the success I had to a friend movie maker with his movie ("Le messager"), and because of the 3D animated movie I scored too. So a lot of people contacted me. I still work for free for free movies at this time, without earning money.
About the 3D animated short movie I did in june (you also heard a little part of the music), well you still won't be able to watch it because the movie is going to be sold to a french TV station. I will earn 25% from the price, and it will bring me a little money from the exploitation of my rights. I won't earn a lot, but It is better than nothing ;)

Now that I know I can do it, I seriously think of being freelance and doing payed projects, I'm waiting to finish all the movies to have more experience and a nice portfolio, then I'll think of that.

Crossingsound
10-10-2006, 07:39 AM
Dude,

its time you start making money, your stuff is REALLy good, no reason why you shouldn't, seriously.

tchoyy
11-15-2006, 02:12 AM
Great news !

The short animated movie "GoodBye Canine" is going to be projected on French TV ! I'm gonna be paid !
For french people in this forum that have TPS :

* TPS Cineculte
25/11/2006, 20h25
28/11/2006, 20h35
02/12/2006, 17h50
07/12/2006, 20h35

* TPS Cineextreme
27/11/2006, 20h50
29/11/2006, 20h35
04/12/2006, 20h35
06/12/2006, 20h35

I'm so happy :D

I'm also working on another short animated movie which will enter at Imagina !

nikolas
11-15-2006, 02:28 AM
Oh MAN!

Congratulations!

Perfect! I can understand you being happy and excited! YAY! Well done! A brek through probably? ;)

J'adore ton musique... (:P)

BTW, any chance for the rest of the forum who do not live in France to see the short? Maybe as a DVD, as a p2p (j/k) as shown on another channel maybe?

Anyways all the best David, you deserve it! :D

tchoyy
11-15-2006, 02:53 AM
Thanks Nikolas, I would love to show you the movie but you understand It will be impossible because of the commercial exploitation. But as soon as I'll get the authorization, you'll be the first to know ;)

tchoyy
11-17-2006, 12:38 AM
Well, it's nice to see you're all happy for me....

J'adore ton musique... (:P)

"J'adore ta musique"

Musique is female in french ;)

tchoyy
07-19-2007, 06:56 AM
My new website is online, I hope you'll enjoy it ;)

http://www.davidchochoi.com

I tested it under IE and Firefox, if you have problems with another browser, report it to me ;)

Andrew Sigler
07-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Hi David,

That's absolutely great news that you will be broadcast in France. Tell us when we can watch it here in the states!

-Andy