PDA

View Full Version : Emmet

remmet
06-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Name: Richard Emmet

Location: Portland, Oregon (beautiful rainy state where, in recent years, finding composing work is as likely as winning the lottery; someday I'll move back to Los Angeles. Well, maybe not.)

Favorite composers: Bach, Mahler

Last music job (3 months ago): score for Sesame Street cartoon

Other job: paralegal, currently freelancing. What else is new.

Have 2 sons, the younger just graduated high school 5 hours ago.

Most interesting period of my life: working for Frank Zappa for 5 years (see links on my website)

Photos: If you must, they're on my website.

Where's my website you ask? Here: www.richardemmet.com

pappagheno
06-02-2006, 02:39 PM
hey the pics with Zappa are so cool :)

u should put it on here

remmet
06-02-2006, 03:23 PM
hey the pics with Zappa are so cool :)

u should put it on here

Okay, here's my favorite.

luima
07-28-2006, 03:35 AM
Richard,
The first time I heard your music I guessed that you were a professional of music, there are details and skills that you just learn with years of practice.
Nice web page, and your relation with Zappa makes me remember my youth when he was one of my idols. Mahler is also my favourite composer.
I am surprised for your curriculum, a nice one.
Hope to hear more of your music.
Nice to meet you
Luis

fongi
07-28-2006, 05:12 AM
Hi Richard, checked out your site very nicely done and lots of great music! Especialy "Riffin" and "Mystic Dance" are really amazing, surely some of the best music I´ve heard on the Form Bravo !! I´m also a Mahler freak, Symphony 1 & 3 are my favourites without doubt! I also love Brückner and Shostakovitch.
Just as a side note, a little historical fact, Adolf Hitler was also a big fan of Mahler, the fact that Mahler was jewish was kept a secret from him, and his henchmen turned a blind eye to the fact as they didn´t want to disappoint the Führer, nothing to do with anything here on the Forum but I thought you might find that of interest being a Mahler fan ? Anway welcome. Chris :D
P.S. I read "My Time with Frank" fascinating stuff !

remmet
07-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Richard,
The first time I heard your music I guessed that you were a professional of music, there are details and skills that you just learn with years of practice.

Thanks Luis and Chris for your nice comments. What a strange business we're in. With so little work in recent years, I feel like a professional without a profession! I hope that changes soon.

Regarding Mahler, my favorites are 6, 7, and 8. Symph no. 2 is also great. Shostakovich no. 9 and Bruckner no. 9 - also favorites of mine.

Richard

fongi
07-29-2006, 02:37 AM
Hi Richard, with or without work you´re a professional, one only has to hear the music on your website I´ll check out Mahler 7 & 8 (if I ever get time) !!! Chris :D

remmet
07-29-2006, 10:32 AM
Hi Richard, with or without work you´re a professional, one only has to hear the music on your website I´ll check out Mahler 7 & 8 (if I ever get time) !!! Chris :D

Thanks again Chris.

And yes, with Mahler, you definitely need some free time!

Richard