PDA

View Full Version : Master fader for each mic position, SC/SO

PatrickR
10-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Hi there,

I would like to suggest creating an option to control all channel's mic setting for the choir multis (and to some degree EWQLSO).

For instance, if I want to lower all the close mics in every channel of a multi I would like to be able to check a box that will lower all at the same time in a relative calculation.
As it is now you'd have to go through every separate channel and lower them one by one, and I do this a lot for finding my choir's right place in a mix.

And please, if this is possible already, let me know! :)

Thanks,
Patrick

pkm
10-23-2012, 05:43 PM
You can send each mic position to a separate output and control them individually with a fader in your daw.

Jason.M.Watts
10-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Yep. And to increase/decrease them in the correct ratio, most DAWs have a feature where you can lock various mixer channels together and move them all without losing your chosen ratio. I've used that method in FL Studio several times where I wanted to back the listener away from the entire orchestra. Or whatever you want to call that. Maybe you'd say "push the entire orchestra back".

Jason Watts

PatrickR
10-24-2012, 05:30 AM
Thanks for your replies, that's great!
I did actually know about this but I have been reluctant to do so since that would mean even more channels on my mixer, which is already really swamped with channels and I was kind of hoping I could work around this somehow.
I already use about 20 channels for my just the drumkit alone, and adding guitars, bass, keys, all the vocal tracks and the entire orchestra... I am up to about 50-60 channels and there is a lot of stuff to keep an eye on :)

Jason.M.Watts
10-24-2012, 07:11 PM
It would be really nice to see this feature included on the mixer page of PLAY 4, but I'm not sure if that's something we might have beg for in droves before it happens or not. Seems like it would be an easy addition since EW is going to the trouble of creating a built-in mixer. Maybe it'll be there. Crossing fingers and toes for that. I never put much thought into that being a PLAY 4 option until you brought it up.

:)

Jason Watts

Plasuma!!!
10-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Use sums and lock proportions? Always works for me.