PDA

View Full Version : My 3: Jazz, Celtic, VOP 2

C4L88
11-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Looking through these, there are a bunch I agree with

I fully agree with everyone on a jazz library. I was actually quite surprised (and disappointed) when Hollywood Woodwinds didn't have any saxophones. ("Catch Me If You Can" score anybody? Shostakovich Jazz Suite No. 2?)

The Celtic library is a great idea, especially since I'm currently scoring for a video game that calls for that sound. I think an entire Silk-esque European library, including Baroque/Renaissance instruments would be a great idea.

I'm not sure if anybody has mentioned this, but I also would really love another installment of Voices of Passion. More phrases, more countries covered (but, also the same countries as before, just more phrases of course), and also MALE voices as well.

Just my 3 cents.

Ping
03-22-2013, 04:23 PM
and also MALE voices as well.
Would be cool.
+

pkm
03-22-2013, 04:49 PM
There's lots of sax in old Elfman scores too. It would be nice for EW to add bonus content to their products like some other companies do.

Med8r
03-23-2013, 03:03 PM
The Celtic library is a great idea, especially since I'm currently scoring for a video game that calls for that sound. I think an entire Silk-esque European library, including Baroque/Renaissance instruments would be a great idea.

This would indeed be a great product. Celtic music is a Western staple, and recently it seems to have gotten quite popular in the soundtrack realm. Ironically, it's one of the few genres that hasn't gotten much love from EastWest, but I think that'll change before long. In fact, the way the soundtrack business is these days, I would be pretty surprised if there were no plans to do something like this in the "near" future ("near" meaning the next year or two).

Chatterton
07-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Celtic & Jazz are the two things I really yearn for.

-Lawson-
07-11-2013, 02:58 PM
I think an entire Silk-esque European library, including Baroque/Renaissance instruments would be a great idea.

I would so buy that.

JHMusic
07-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Isn't that what Best Service Medieval Legends is?