PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Strings effects patch or Expansion

jfuchs23
12-05-2012, 05:57 PM
While I've explored the possibilities of creating cluster fx and many disturbing atmospheres with Hollywood Strings Diamond Edition, I'venoticed the lack of pre-recorded cluster/Pendereki-like effects with this otherwise immense orchestra library. I've looked at the EWQL Symphonic Orchestra's pre-recorded effects instrument list on the soundsonline site, but the different orchestra recordings of HWS and EWQLSO might not "add up" when played together. Can we expect to see some more pre-recorded effects?

Janicek
12-06-2012, 05:49 AM
There is a certain Dutch developer that has a library devoted to just that so not sure it would be worth their while, its called Tutti.

jfuchs23
12-06-2012, 09:57 PM
There is a certain Dutch developer that has a library devoted to just that so not sure it would be worth their while, its called Tutti.

Yes I listened to the demo tracks for that particular library and watched a few demonstrations of it being used on youtube. While I'm impressed with the pre-recorded textures, they don't seem to provide much versatility in terms of "true composition". They simply provide other composers' work to build upon.
Also, since different orchestra's, different microphones and possibly different microphone positions were used at the time of recording, the problem with consistency is there again.
Even a patch or reasonably priced upgrade containing slow(for example up\down a semitone every half-note of say, 80 bpm), single note glissandi with mod wheel adjustable vibrato would suffice to add something not easily replicated(realistically)using DAW pitch modulation tools.