PDA

View Full Version : Guitars

Annabelle
12-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if Eastwest made an instrument/sample library devoted entirely to guitars? It could have both acoustic and electric guitars, of many different kinds. For example, Acoustic Nylon and Steel guitars, Electric Guitars (Direct Pick up and Amp versions), Lap Steel and Pedal Steel Guitars, and various effects like body hits, string slaps, pick scrapes, fret squeaks, and various types of guitar slides. It could also have instruments that are closely related to the guitar, like the Ukulele, dobro, mandolin, cuatro, oud, banjo, Yayli Tambur, Sas, and Cumbus?

jspencer
12-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Do you own Goliath? Pretty much all of your requests are in there.

Annabelle
12-20-2012, 04:34 AM
Do you own Goliath? Pretty much all of your requests are in there.
Actually yes, I do own Goliath, as well as RA.

Med8r
12-20-2012, 10:42 AM
This isn't necessarily a bad idea...but between Goliath, MOR and MOR2, RA, Gypsy, and Fab Four, there are already plenty of guitars to go around, accomodating just about every musical genre there is.

I think given the vast amount of guitar samples already available, most of us consumers (myself included) would rather see EastWest and Quantum Leap spend their time on something else. Something we don't already have gigs upon gigs of samples for.

JBlongz
06-17-2013, 08:42 AM
How about some guitars in the range of those offered by lyaefimov: http://goo.gl/r5BHw
Would love to hear that type of Nylon in Play.

Med8r
06-17-2013, 05:15 PM
One thing that would be pretty awesome is a guitar VI that featured true legato. As in, automatic finger-sliding sounds and effects like that.

The Hollywood Series is great because of its ridiculously easy playability, and if EW made a guitar library that combined this realistic sound with playability (rather than having to overdub finger slides in), I'd imagine it'd be an instant hit.