PDA

View Full Version : Luis J.

Luis J
06-05-2006, 05:09 PM
I guess I'll introduce myself formally here.

Name : Luis J. Martinez
Main occupation : Student
State, Country : Texas, United States
Favorites composers: The usual; W.A. Mozart, L. Beethoven, Brahms, Pachelbel, Chopin, Vivaldi, John Williams, Elliot Goldenthal ("The Gift" from Sphere), Hans Zimmer, Thomas Newman, and Klaus Badelt.
Website : This is my Soundclick website. I will have all my pieces up there until I get a site designed.

My Website (http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=554473)

There are many other composers out that I enjoy, but those are the ones I can name at the top of my head.

I am a Sophmore in highschool and loving it, and I think I might be the youngest here. I started writing music when I was 13 or so. I was in band for three years in Junior High, played trumpet, and quit when it turned into marching. Right now I'm trying to get into Jazz band and start an orchestra of my own. I play some piano, but not that good, so I'm starting to take lessons after I was...inspired by a friend.

I get ideas on my keyboard, write up a piano piece, and then arrange it in Finale for other instruments. I then export as MIDI and import in Sonar. I use EWQLSO Silver and I recently purchased StormDrum. One of the best buys I've ever made.

I've also been wanting to make movies, but I invested all the money I had saved up on StormDrum, therefore not able to buy a camera. The reason I include movies is that I want to make movies (it's another passion) and original scores for them. Because I haven't found other people that could use my help, although I do it for free, I am just wanting to do it myself.

I love EWQLSO because it revolutionized my compositions. I hope to enjoy my stay much and get much better at writing music.

Luis

Neilfactory
06-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Welcome to you Luis J, you have a great favorites composers, very good choice.

>Neil.

CHORD
06-15-2006, 01:58 PM
YOu are 15? Man, u are wayyyy ahead of the curve...I wish I had started that early. A 15 year old with east west gold:eek: ...You keep it up and you might very well be the next Zimmer in a decade.

Luis J
06-20-2006, 03:00 PM
YOu are 15? Man, u are wayyyy ahead of the curve...I wish I had started that early. A 15 year old with east west gold:eek: ...You keep it up and you might very well be the next Zimmer in a decade.

Yeah, as young as I may be...I realized (one of) my dream(s) about a few months ago. I really wanted to become a composer. Heh, I want to write a piece and...hehe, conduct the LSO while they play my piece.

luima
06-21-2006, 04:38 AM
Luis,
Nice to meet you here.
You are in the better years of life to learn music and have the real posibility of becoming a professional conductor. It is all in your hands and in your ears.
Just an advice, hear with attention every kind of music, donīt forget to Bruckner, Mahler, Debussy, Copland, HW Henze and Takemitsu, maybe even in this order.
Your Spanish "tocayo"
Luis

fongi
06-21-2006, 04:43 AM
Hi Luis, welcome! I listened to a Summerīs Serenade a real nice piece, she must have been a very special girl I can hear that in your music. Chris :D

Luis J
06-22-2006, 08:56 PM
Luis,
Nice to meet you here.
You are in the better years of life to learn music and have the real posibility of becoming a professional conductor. It is all in your hands and in your ears.
Just an advice, hear with attention every kind of music, donīt forget to Bruckner, Mahler, Debussy, Copland, HW Henze and Takemitsu, maybe even in this order.
Your Spanish "tocayo"
Luis

Thank you very much for your welcome and for your kind words. And thank you alot for the list of recommendations. I really liked Mahler's Symphony No. 5.

Also, about paying attention to every kind of music...I just remembered some words of wisdom that a band teacher had once told me. He told me that, and these were very simple and common words (which, being extremely self taught, I never heard), that I should do some "research" by listening to some pieces by certain composers. Well, he had suggested John Williams as one, and I did. And after listening to his music very carefully, I have...progressed slightly. I am still working hard at it.

-Luis-

Hi Luis, welcome! I listened to a Summerīs Serenade a real nice piece, she must have been a very special girl I can hear that in your music. Chris :D

Thanks alot. That piece had...alot of emotion put into it. And, as corny as this may sound (and you're probably thinking...ugh, it's just dumb teen love), she is my first, my last, and my only. And if you did think that thing about that teen thing...keep in mind that...my mind is waaaay ahead of my age (as I've been told by various persons).

Well, thanks again for the warm welcome. I'll be sure to post here first when I finish pieces.

-Luis-