PDA

View Full Version : Scala Tuning Table Play 4

alcomposer
12-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Hi,

I am interested in being able to retune all of the EastWest samples that I have with Scala (http://www.huygens-fokker.org/scala/) tuning files (wrapped to 12 tones if this is a limitation).

I understand that this is available (possibly not as Scala but with the ability to change tuning) in RA, and SILK in Play 3, so hopefully this functionality is already supported in Play.

I understand also that VSL supports Scala in ViPro. (I would be happy to update to Play 3 Pro or Play 4 Pro etc...

I have read on these forums that many members believe that this is not important, however tuning tables are not only used for changing scales into ethnic scales, but also for very subtle tunings, including Just Intonation.

Cheers,
And congratulations on the your amazing 25 years of service! It will be remarkable to see where the next 25 years takes EastWest and sample libraries!

Alex

Eastward_In_Eden
01-03-2013, 08:59 AM
3 CHEERS for tuning tables ;)
"All music is ethnic music..." ~author unknown~

"I understand that this is available (possibly not as Scala but with the ability to change tuning) in RA, and SILK in Play 3, so hopefully this functionality is already supported in Play.

I understand also that VSL supports Scala in ViPro. (I would be happy to update to Play 3 Pro or Play 4 Pro etc...

I have read on these forums that many members believe that this is not important, however tuning tables are not only used for changing scales into ethnic scales, but also for very subtle tunings, including Just Intonation."