PDA

View Full Version : POOL - would you benefit from DAW project files with midi for library demos

Waszyngton
01-05-2013, 06:44 AM
Guys
following some repeated requests to EW to provide DAW project files with midi for library demos I would like to start a simple poll where you can select between 2 options :
a) i would like EW to provide this as I believe this would be helpful to use EW tools to the full potential
b) i do not need that

more details are e.g. in this thread : http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/showthread.php?t=43861&page=1

Jonathan120
01-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Just to help you out; when you click new thread, at the very bottom on the left side there is an option to enable a poll and specify how many options you'd like. Might be a bit better to do the pull that way.

Bryan
01-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Of course it would be helpful but that doesn't mean it is likely to happen. See Admin's comments in thread- "It's not the companies decision, it's the composer's decision if they want to share their work or not." So unless EW started paying composers to make midi files to sell with their libs chances are it is not going to happen. I am okay with that. Plenty of stuff out on the web as well as helpful people here to answer specific questions to problems or needs. I learn as much from them as I do any file that EW could provide.

Waszyngton
01-05-2013, 07:48 PM
So unless EW started paying composers to make midi files to sell with their libs chances are it is not going to happen.

perhaps this is high time things changed for better for us, EW clients paying for the EW products?
Why dont EW pay composers to provide DAW project/midi files or at least a video walking through the midi techniques used to create a demo?

if EW needs to pay for this, fine, this is not millions and EW may split this cost between those of us who are interested in learning how these great demos (that often sell EW products to us, let's face it) were accomplished - that way we could not only buy EW tools but also tool-related knowhow how to make the most of these tools and our money spent on them?

Jonathan120
01-06-2013, 05:35 AM
if EW needs to pay for this, fine, this is not millions and EW may split this cost between those of us who are interested in learning how these great demos

So then why not just pay a tutor that actually does that for lessons? -_-

Waszyngton
01-06-2013, 09:37 AM
So then why not just pay a tutor that actually does that for lessons? -_-

sure, can you or anyone please recommend a tutor who can teach me how EW tools were used to produce EW demos and/or his music of similar quality (I mean a professional composer ).

Jonathan120
01-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Someone posted a thread here of a guy offering such an online service, might have been just some months ago, was definitely 2012. Not sure which section of the forum it was on, might have been in general, but I'm sure the guy will know his stuff.

Professional composer doesn't mean they'd be the best teacher though by default. For example, I've seen great performers try to teach the instrument and they've been terrible. But I've also seen great performers be great teachers.

Jonathan120
01-06-2013, 02:02 PM
http://www.berkleemusic.com/school/course/orchestration-1?program=orchestration

Another example. It even says "Berkleemusic and East West have come together to offer an educational discount on East West/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Gold Complete Berklee Edition software. Once you enroll in the course, you will be able to purchase software at the discounted price through the Required Course Materials link on your My Home page."

So there's your specific EW product midi orchestration you were after.