PDA

View Full Version : Custom "Full Mix" mic position

Benji
01-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Just come up with an idea as I looked desperately at my Orchestral Template using 35Gb of Ram with only one mic position loaded (HS, HB, HoW and SO). I could never load all the mic postion I need into one machine...

So why not providing us with a piece of software (might be PLAY) which could enable us to choose multiple mic postion for an instrument plus all its articulations linked to it, mix them with a preview and export them into .ews files into specific folders. The process might take a lot of time of course.
That done, PLAY would recognize the instruments and samples files created as a Custom Mic Position (and also link it to the iLok as part of the original product.)

Think of it, a playable custom Full Mix! Just like other companies offering an already mixed "Full Mix" mic position.
I know that's sounds like a tough thing to achieve for EW, but that would be pure awesomeness!

Because exporting each mic position into the sequencer in order to mix them is a very very long process... For instance, my template takes up to 20min to load (1 mic position only). Moreover you can't edit your composition afterwards, unless start the whole process again...
Maybe PLAY 4 will load samples far more quickly but it still takes time to export and mix independant mic positions.

Thanks,

Ben

HardyP
01-13-2013, 03:50 PM
enable us to choose multiple mic postion for an instrument plus all its articulations linked to it, mix them with a preview and export them into .ews files into specific folders. The process might take a lot of time of course. [...]
Think of it, a playable custom Full Mix! Just like other companies offering an already mixed "Full Mix" mic position.

... and it should be really CUSTOM Full Mix, means the downmix should reflect the chosen volume settings of the 3 Mic positions. So someone could create different "custom mix positions" for different purposes.

The only downside: normally, you would try to bring the different mic positions to different reverb busses; but if you are using the internal PLAY one, or just one instance of Spaces in your master, it doen´s matter anyhow...

But truely a great feature for the long-awaited, soon (202x) to be released Play PRO!! :p

CU, Hardy

aptmusic9
01-13-2013, 09:32 PM
+1 on this feature