PDA

View Full Version : EWQLSO - Platinum Plus - Run Simulator Patches

XCL
01-30-2013, 08:20 PM
I was wondering why the Run Simulator patches for strings weren't pre-recorded for ease of use?

ie: recorded in octaves for eg. featuring the most common types of runs utlised in Film/TV/Games?

It would of made it so damn easier for us rather than having to attempt to record a fast finger run - live on our midi controller-keyboard or edit note by note?!

It is my understanding that Hollywood Strings has this capabilty?

Just questioning why this was not the case for Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Plus?????

Thx,

Steve

iLoked
01-31-2013, 04:37 AM
SO is an old, but damn fine old library. I think that there's still no equivalent, when it comes to sampling an orchestra, section by section all the way down to solos (with all the articulations / effects).
I also believe that the Run Simulator samples aren't original samples, but edited from other sample content to fit the purpose.
And if they had done that, then people would whine how everything isn't 100% to the tick and doom them and the rest of the library useless... :)

interpolate
02-27-2013, 02:35 PM
I think if you have everything done for you, then it's not really you composing more like just using pre-rendered samples. The fact the runs are not predefined means you are not locked to a minor or major run.