PDA

View Full Version : User uploads to Votox Word/Phrase Dictionary

bcarwell
02-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Seems to me a central repository on this forum (or maybe even via a link in Word Builder) would be extremely useful where users of Symphonic Choirs could upload and store their versions of words and phrases they personally rendered in Votox. The repository would be searchable or alphabetized in separate Word and Phrase sections..

In my limited experience so far with Choirs I have noticed several of the Votox versions of words in the Choirs dictionary are not so great and require tweaks to be useful. I have also learned how very subtle little tweaks of the words and phrases while in Word Builder can make all the difference in the world in a believable pronunciation.

Over time we could quit reinventing the wheel and end up with a terrific improvement in the existing dictionary. You could pick and choose which you considered to be improvements over the existing ones in the dictionary and substitute with these, as desired into the Dictionary and Phrases. And they would also be a wonderful tool to improve your Votox skills by studying the Jedi Master versions..

Bryan
02-05-2013, 04:58 PM
I like that idea.

christerholm
02-06-2013, 02:29 AM
Didn't they use to have such a thing sometime in the early days?

Malys
02-06-2013, 05:35 AM
+1

The WB can be hard to manage, sometimes: it's a good idea.