03-17-2013, 02:19 AM
Solo cello library as QL violin would be great

JHMusic
03-17-2013, 03:28 AM
Already in the works.

Casiquire
03-17-2013, 03:56 AM
Yep, I've heard it's in the works too.

Though to expand on the original post, I'd love to see these solo libraries done with a little bit more detail, like mod-dynamics, and the Solo Violin legato/portamento is all very fast and is only well-suited for one playing type. I'd like to see them get a bit more versatile. Really great sound, though!

madstarr12
03-20-2013, 11:27 AM
Already in the works, but it should definitely be of a much higher standard than the QL Solo Violin. I felt way too limited with that. Sounds great, but the inability to control so much of it like a Violin player would is disappointing.

Med8r
03-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Already in the works, but it should definitely be of a much higher standard than the QL Solo Violin. I felt way too limited with that. Sounds great, but the inability to control so much of it like a Violin player would is disappointing.

I agree. Although of course it's not really reasonable of us to expect HS-like control and flexibility, I was a bit disappointed with how QL Solo Violin worked and felt.

For Solo Cello, I would hope they give us at least a few patches with modwheel-controlled dynamics, even if it meant controlling both dynamics and vibrato with the modwheel (as do many HS patches). I also hope they extend the length of the sustains (or loop them). I found that Solo Violin's long patches were not long enough.

pkm
03-20-2013, 08:31 PM
It's absolutely reasonable.

CosmicD
04-21-2013, 08:48 AM
you have solo brass instruments in HB gold, but no solo strings in HS gold ? The only reason I could think about why they do this is because a solo brass instrument doesn't need so much patches with accents ?

ANyway, also looking forward to solo cello, because I'm making a few songs that are intimate and they could use of the specific legato characteristics not found in symphonic orchestra solo cello's

Med8r
04-23-2013, 05:10 PM
you have solo brass instruments in HB gold, but no solo strings in HS gold ? The only reason I could think about why they do this is because a solo brass instrument doesn't need so much patches with accents ?

The sheer scale of HS without solos is the reason they weren't included. HS was already 310GB and $1000, without any solo instruments. To include them would have meant lots of extra time and effort required in production, and it would have ended up even more monstrously huge, not to mention more expensive. The instruments in HB, on the contrary, are much lighter and smaller in size, so they included both solos and sections.

...That's my logic, anyway. ;)