PDA

View Full Version : Silver/Gold/Plat Pro

neoTypic
05-21-2005, 10:12 PM
There was a thread a long while back that I can no longer find unfortunately, so I'm doing a quick repost:

It was suggested that perhaps Silver Pro could include all the articulations/instruments that Gold/Plat Pro had but with stretched samples/no release trails/16 bit for better compatibility when composing on the road and then up-mixing to one of the more advanced products back at home.

Silver Pro: all articulations, one mic position, stretched samples, no release trails, 16bit
Gold Pro: all articulations, one mic position, release trails, 16bit
Plat Pro: all articulations, three mic positions, release trails 24 bit

This would be immensely useful for laptop/composing use while using less RAM/CPU. If you were to implement this I'd definitely purchase Silver/Silver Pro for this purpose since I already own Plat. It would also have the side benefit of cutting down on confusion since such an easy comparison between the three could be made.

Could you please take this into consideration?

Thanks!

Moonchilde
05-22-2005, 01:10 AM
So wait, you have platinum, yet you're willing to buy Silver for memory requirements?? Man you must have money to toss around.

Anyway, why not just copy the sample containers to your laptop, and then copy just the C, F, or S mic positions to it? Then you can just load up that set itself?

neoTypic
05-22-2005, 01:57 AM
So wait, you have platinum, yet you're willing to buy Silver for memory requirements?? Man you must have money to toss around.

Anyway, why not just copy the sample containers to your laptop, and then copy just the C, F, or S mic positions to it? Then you can just load up that set itself?

You know what they make about assumptions? ;) Yeah, you just did big ol' time. :p

I don't have a laptop, I got Plat during the group buy (1.2k I believe), and that money was saved up over the period of several months. I don't have money to toss around otherwise I'd be building a PC farm and not worrying about CPU cycles or RAM.

I also don't think you understand that Silver's load is much less intensive on the CPU because it doesn't have release trails and the samples are stretched, AND it's 16 bit. It wouldn't be the same thing just to copy over the players to the laptop, and it's still a several gig library that doesn't easily fit on a laptop - even with just one mic position.

Silver right now costs 145$. I'm more than willing to make a 145$ investment if it would cut time off my production cycle.

Please don't assume things about me bud. I'm actually probably one of the poorer guys on this forum ;)

wayne_rowley
05-22-2005, 02:03 AM
Yes, I wrote the original post. Not sure what happened to it - lost in the depths of the forum!

I still think this is a great idea. PLEASE could you seriously consider this Doug/Nick. I know that more work would be involved, and it would bump up the price of Silver Pro, but I think it would be well worth it!

Wayne

neoTypic
05-22-2005, 03:38 AM
Yes, I wrote the original post. Not sure what happened to it - lost in the depths of the forum!

I still think this is a great idea. PLEASE could you seriously consider this Doug/Nick. I know that more work would be involved, and it would bump up the price of Silver Pro, but I think it would be well worth it!

Wayne

Yup, I went looking for it to bump it up to the top again. ;) Thanks for chiming up. :D

And I too would be willing to pay more for Silver Pro.

janila
05-22-2005, 05:16 AM
I really like the balance between sound quality and resource requirements in the Silver. I couldn't be happier with it if all the EWQLSO articulations were included in the Silver Pro even at a slightly higher price. Most likely I'm going to be happy with the announced articulation list (http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-161PRO) but the Gold and Platinum Pro have a lot of great stuff that isn't included in Silver Pro. Being able to use a full orchestra on a laptop would be great. The Silver Pro seems to add most of the essential stuff but it misses many of the "detail" or "effect" articulations. No col legno strings for example?

But no, I'm not complaining. I'm hoping. :p

AndyFinkenstadt
06-05-2005, 06:01 PM
It was suggested that perhaps Silver Pro could include all the articulations/instruments that Gold/Plat Pro had but with stretched samples/no release trails/16 bit for better compatibility when composing on the road and then up-mixing to one of the more advanced products back at home.

Silver Pro: all articulations, one mic position, stretched samples, no release trails, 16bit
Gold Pro: all articulations, one mic position, release trails, 16bit
Plat Pro: all articulations, three mic positions, release trails 24 bit

Are we close enough to release to know whether SilverPro contains, in fact, all articulations that are in GoldPro and PlatinumPro -- just 1 mic position, 16-bit, no release trails, and not as chromatically sampled as the others?

SergeD
06-05-2005, 07:48 PM
At least why not eventually a Silver Pro extended edition ?

SergeD