PDA

View Full Version : African Voices

mriley
04-17-2013, 11:05 AM
I'd love to see an African Voices instrument with WordBuilder compatibility, true legato and lot's of passionate recorded phrases. Special effects would be nice too, such as body slaps, tongue clicks and other mouth sounds, shouts, tribal dance sounds, ululation, ect. It would be great to have Men's, Women's, Mixed, Children sections and solos of each. I would love to be able to do a Lion King type of sound when needed. Logic comes with some African voice samples but they are very limited. I would imagine this would be a huge undertaking but I would buy it.

flickerflix
04-18-2013, 05:16 AM
Ethno World 5 (which EWQL sells) has some additional African voices but it is not linked to Wordbuilder. Still, it is an improvement on those in Logic.

C4L88
04-19-2013, 12:41 PM
+1

I just think a sequel to Voices of Passion would be nice with more female vocals styles along with male vocals.
And of course true legato and word builder, however I think word builder would be a really hard thing to apply in these types of voices.
I'd lean more towards something like a "phrase builder" where you choose little segments and combine them into your own phrases.
Pre-recorded phrases obviously sound natural but I have heard so many soundtracks and such where I can say stuff like "Oh, yeah, that's the Syrian vocal patch" etc. and it makes it feel relatively unoriginal

interpolate
04-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Well that's the problem where people aren't creative enough. There is Melodyne for the more adventurous.

mriley
04-19-2013, 04:18 PM
I think word builder could be implemented for the choir patches. They did a genius job with SC. It would be a huge undertaking but if anyone could do it, East West could. I think lots of people would buy it too.

Annabelle
04-19-2013, 06:04 PM
I don't know if this would be along the same lines, but how about Aborigine voices? The voices of the first Australians?

Khaled Hamdy
04-20-2013, 01:16 AM
Well that's the problem where people aren't creative enough. There is Melodyne for the more adventurous.

Melodyne is the most useful software for any composer/producer...