PDA

View Full Version : Quartz3d

Quartz3d
06-17-2006, 12:57 AM
Name: Kevin

I currently live in Minnesota, and will be taking music courses at St. Olaf next year after one year of Generals study at my local community college (St. Olaf is quite expensive). My goal is to write music for film or interactive media after I finish my undergraduate (and possibly graduate) education.

So, with that said... Hello everybody! :cool:

fongi
06-17-2006, 01:57 AM
Hi Olaf, welcome aboard study well at St Olafīs I hope the high cost brings you good results, do you compose already? Chris :D

tchoyy
06-17-2006, 03:46 AM
Hi Kevin, welcome aboard ;)
I wish you the best with the music ;)

tango9jeff
06-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Yes welcome to the maddness we call Soundsonline forums :D . Goodluck in your studies and keep on working hard no matter what the cost!

Quartz3d
06-22-2006, 05:48 PM
It is true that St. Olaf is expensive, but St. Olaf is also known for being one of the top places to study music composition in the country, so hopefully it balances out. I have written several compositions of my own. The project I'm currently working on will hopefully be of high enough quality to actually stand a chance in the monthly competitions. Iím learning quickly that one of the most powerful midi combinations is notation software like Finale combined with Symphonic Orchestra, which can produce some amazing results by itself.