PDA

View Full Version : Additions To Symphonic Orchestra

Annabelle
06-08-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm wondering if these instruments could possibly be added to an update of Symphonic Orchestra.
Woodwinds:
Bass Flute
Contrabass Flute
Double Contrabass Flute
Subcontrabass Flute
Oboe D'Amore
Baritone Oboe
Bass Oboe
Heckelphone
Contraalto Clarinet
Alto Clarinet
Bass Clarinet
Contrabass Clarinet
Quart Bassoon
Quint Bassoon
Brass:
Mellophone
Mellophonium
Basso Horn
Piccolo Trumpet
Tenor Trumpet
Bass Trumpet
Soprano Cornet
Cornet
Soprano Bugle
Mellophone Bugle
Baritone Bugle
Euphonium Bugle
Contrabass Bugle
Trumpets with Mutes (Cup Mute, Harmon Mute, Straight Mute, Harmon Wa-wa Mute, Bucket Mute, Plunger Mute)
Flugelhorn
Simbasso
Tenor Trombone
Bass Trombone
Contrabass Trombone
Tenor Horn
Baritone Horn
Euphonium
Sousaphone
Percussion:
Fortepiano
Clavichord
Tenor Drums
Marching Bass Drums
Marching Snare Drums
Marching Tenor Drums
Marching Cymbals
Flexitones
Strings:
True Legato
Portamento
Harp Glissandi

Jeff Hayat
06-08-2013, 09:41 PM
You mean EWQLSO?

Are you serious, or is that a joke? Or are you drunk? Because if you are, I am pissed you didn't ask me to join you!

Annabelle
06-08-2013, 09:49 PM
You mean EWQLSO?

Are you serious, or is that a joke? Or are you drunk? Because if you are, I am pissed you didn't ask me to join you!

1. Yes I mean EWQLSO.
2. I'm 100% serious.
and 3. I'm 100% sober. I've never drank alcohol in my life, and I don't want to start now!

Jeff Hayat
06-08-2013, 10:35 PM
I've never drank alcohol in my life, and I don't want to start now!

Well, if you think that Doug and Nick are doing updates to EWQLSO, maybe you SHOULD start now.

There haven't been content updates to EWQLSO since '05 - I think? If Doug and Nick actually do consider doing updates to EWQLSO, maybe they should start drinking.

There are a plethora of reasons that no updates to that lib are going to happen.

EWQLSO was recorded in 2002 - that's eleven years ago. Do you really think that after all this time, they are going to go back and record more content?

EW has recently introduced the Hollywood series - a brand new orchestral library. With that in mind, do you really think that they are going to go back and record more content for EWQLSO?

EWQLSO was recorded in a hall that still exists, Do you really think that they are going toget on a plane, and fly a crew from LA to Seattle for more recording sessions for a product that is that old? Do you really think it's financially feasible for them to pay for the plane tickets, hotels, hall, musicians, gear, etc.... just to do an update? Especially being that the Holywood series is in full swing?

Those are just a few of the reasons it wouldn't happen.

p.s. - do you think that Microsoft will be doing any updates to Windows 95 soon? I mean, think of all of the copies that they could sell if they fixed some bugs and added some new code and new features!

Cheers.

christerholm
06-09-2013, 01:14 AM
Haha if there was this kind of update for free, I think the Earth would start rotating in the other direction :)

Bryan
06-10-2013, 05:50 PM
No, I don't think there will ever be an update for SO. Not only for the reasons stated above but Doug said he was done with orchestra libs.

Jeff Hayat
06-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Eh, no need for the emails. If you have something to say, say it here.

When I said, "Or are you drunk?" That was immediately followed up with, "Because if you are, I am pissed you didn't ask me to join you!"

To me, I was obviously joking. I have no idea why anyone would take it otherwise.

JHMusic
06-11-2013, 07:49 PM
It's kind of hard not to take a Diamond Member seriously. You all exude this air of importance.

Jeff Hayat
06-11-2013, 07:52 PM
It's kind of hard not to take a Diamond Member seriously. You all exude this air of importance.

:p

Jonathan120
06-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Eh, no need for the emails. If you have something to say, say it here.

When I said, "Or are you drunk?" That was immediately followed up with, "Because if you are, I am pissed you didn't ask me to join you!"

To me, I was obviously joking. I have no idea why anyone would take it otherwise.

I have to chime in and say it is not just clear, but painfully clear it was a joke. I'm also wondering why someone would be offended and/or upset even if it wasn't a joke...I mean it's just liquid xD Unless perhaps mention of it upset the magical sky daddies that some people refer to as 'gods.'

But I do think that wondering if SO will be updated isn't very realistic.

EWQLSO was recorded in a hall that still exists, Do you really think that they are going toget on a plane, and fly a crew from LA to Seattle for more recording sessions for a product that is that old? Do you really think it's financially feasible for them to pay for the plane tickets, hotels, hall, musicians, gear, etc.... just to do an update? Especially being that the Holywood series is in full swing?

Not only that, but they have serious competition from companies like 8Dio (both Nick and Thomas are listed as industry users of their products anyway) so EWQL can't exactly be spending their time on such old and frankly outdated libraries like SO when 8Dio's string library (amongst others) sounds so great and has intuitive design.