PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Nathan Allen Pinard
06-22-2006, 04:10 AM
Hello everyone,

First of all I have to say I feel rather stupid since I've had various EW libraries for about 6 years and didnt' even glance over to see soundsonline.com had a forum.

I am in recovery now from Crohns Disease, and wish to someday market myself as a film/media composer. I hope to learn many things on this site about sampling, as well as many new things having to do with samples.

EDIT: My influences are Hans Zimmer, James Horner, Harry Gregson Williams, a bit of Howard Shore, James Newton Howard.

Currently, at the top of my head I have these specified EW libraries:

Symphonic Voices
Rare Instruments (the first edition)
Quantum Leap Brass
Quantum Leap Guitar and Bass

There are others I purchased that I probably am forgetting, but those are the main ones.

I plan to upgrade soon with many new libraries such as the new Rare, Real Guitar, and /drool Symphonic Choirs.

I hope to be active and useful on this forum. Thanks for taking the time to read?

Nathan Allen Pinard

tchoyy
06-22-2006, 07:01 AM
Welcome on board ;)

fongi
06-25-2006, 12:05 AM
Hi Nathan, it´s good to know your well again, and welcome here you´ll enjoy it! Chris :D

tchoyy
06-27-2006, 01:23 AM
Oh Nathan,

I've just noticed that :eek:

Do you know what means "Pinard" in French ? :D

Nathan Allen Pinard
06-27-2006, 07:07 AM
Yes, something about the bottom of the wine barrel.

Funny, if I was in a different age I would be royalty. My mother's maiden name was from the stewart clan and ancestry is Queen Anne Marie of the Scotts.

French/Scottish is an odd combination. Needless to say it hasn't hurt my looks. :)

fongi
06-27-2006, 11:57 AM
French/Scottish is an odd combination. Needless to say it hasn't hurt my looks. :)
O.K. if you say so :D

shnurgle
06-27-2006, 12:14 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d9/Italienischer_Maler_des_17._Jahrhunderts_001.jpg/355px-Italienischer_Maler_des_17._Jahrhunderts_001.jpg

Nash
07-12-2006, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=Nathan Allen Pinard]Hello everyone,

EDIT: My influences are Hans Zimmer, James Horner, Harry Gregson Williams, a bit of Howard Shore, James Newton Howard.

Hi,

It seems that we have the same taste in regards to music choice!

I would like to be one of the film composers as well.

It would be good idea if everyone send their own music so we can all listen. In this forum ofcourse.

What do you think?

XGener8or
07-13-2006, 07:22 AM
I listened to some of your music. Great quality, you have awesome talent ! :D

tango9jeff
07-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Welcome Nathan I have seen you around the forums lately! Welcome aboard mate! Great music and I wish you the best in fighting your illness!

Ranietz
07-20-2006, 03:03 AM
Hi and welcome Nathan.

I'm sorry to hear about your illness. I got something called "Ulcerøs Colitt" myself. I don't know the english name for it but it's considered to be a "light" version of Crohn. So I sort of know what you're going through.

Hang in there. You're not alone. :)

-Ranietz-