PDA

View Full Version : Saxophones?

protoolsuserman
08-08-2013, 06:04 PM
How about a product line of saxophones ranging from soprano to baritone sax's?

Just a thought..

-Lawson-
08-08-2013, 06:06 PM
That would be awesome! I'd buy it. :D

Emmanuel
08-08-2013, 08:27 PM
It would be great although there's some very good sax line out there with MR sax and others. So EW would really have to pull the full show there to get it right and beat those flat out.

Annabelle
08-08-2013, 09:17 PM
That would be a good idea, but aren't there also some saxophones within Goliath?

C4L88
08-08-2013, 09:56 PM
That would be a good idea, but aren't there also some saxophones within Goliath?

Yeah, but it's pretty limited in terms of articulations.

If, as a few of us are hoping, EW makes a dedicated Jazz Library, saxes would naturally be in there.

trumpoz
08-09-2013, 01:43 AM

The saxophones that come with Goliath are good for stabs and falls..... not melodic lines.

Soundsonline also sell the Chris Hein Horns line. My guess is that there might be a slight conflict there if they release a saxophone library.

That being said, if they did decide to do a big band library with the same flexibility as offered in the Hollywood series then I would be demanding that they just take my money!

musicman691
08-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Count me in as well for sax in Play. I have several libraries for Kontakt and Kontakt 5 full version so CHH wouldn't be that much of a stretch but I'd still like to have something in Play. And EW isn't the only ones that sell CHH Complete so I don't think there would be any conflict.

Just a shame that none of the EW Hollywood libraries have sax as they are pretty much a staple in that sound and not just jazz.

tweirdo
08-11-2013, 06:41 PM
EWRJ = East West Rhythmic Jazz..
How about getting Kenny G to sample the soprano one?
Wow!

musicman691
08-11-2013, 06:43 PM

There's no such library

tweirdo
08-11-2013, 06:48 PM
There's no such library

Just a suggestive name. No one says it is for real. Didn't I suggest Kenny G to sample the sop. sax? Chill dude.

C4L88
08-11-2013, 07:47 PM

Hahahaha
Brings me back to high school jazz band memories. We had a Kenny G wannabe, but he just didn't have the hair for it :p

trumpoz
08-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Wow!

If Kenny G was called in I'd be personally running away from that library as fast as I could. I'm not a fan.

tweirdo
08-12-2013, 01:47 AM
If Kenny G was called in I'd be personally running away from that library as fast as I could. I'm not a fan.

If and only if EW decides on that. Cant think of other sop sax players.