PDA

View Full Version : QLSO Piece - One Spring Morning

Jared Hudson
05-23-2005, 09:20 PM
This is a piece I wrote the other day, or two, erh...whatever. Anyways, I wanted to use woodwinds a lot more than I have lately. Apparently, I haven't used them enough, if at all...so for that, I should be slapped. I wrote this as part of my 4 seasons collection. I already made a summer one, so now I made a spring one, about a month before summer. Ha, the odds. This is light, fluffy, happy, hopeful, and makes you want to go buy a puppy. Anyways, enjoy! :D

http://www.jaredhudson.com/music/Jared%20Hudson%20-%20One%20Spring%20Morning.mp3

Jared

nlamartina
05-23-2005, 09:55 PM
This is simply delightful, Jared! You've made many, many excellent instrument choices in terms of how you've portrayed the different 'shades' of spring. I found it curious that you seem to be relying more on the piano for the message element of the piece rather than the woodwinds, given your stated purpose! :) The amount of exposure you give each instrument is very well-balanced, allowing it to develop naturally. It's wonderful. My only criticism is how abruptly it ends in this context, although in a multi-movement work, the effect could work quite well.

Great job!

- Nick

Evan
05-24-2005, 12:38 AM
This is light, fluffy, happy, hopeful, and makes you want to go buy a puppy.
http://www.jaredhudson.com/music/Jared%20Hudson%20-%20One%20Spring%20Morning.mp3

Jared

HAHAH..made me chuckle..this sounds REALLY good! I Aspire! ;)

Jared Hudson
05-24-2005, 07:34 PM
For anyone that had a broken link, I just checked my webserver doing something else, and noticed a "backup" folder in my directory. I checked through my directories and realized that this song was missing, and the my web provider evidently had a reboot, and I lost anything on my server within the last couple days.

Anyways, it should work now. ;)

BTW, thanks for the comments so far. I think I'm changing the piano to harp and vibes since the piano isn't an eastwest product (for the contest). It's all I can do for now (bells were too harsh). :rolleyes:

Jared

ToddK
05-24-2005, 07:43 PM
Really nice work J! That was very enjoyable.

Nice balance/mix. This reminds me to use some other instruments
i often forget about too. Did i hear some vibes in there?

Really nice orchestration skills there laddy....
TK

ChrisE
05-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Lovely piece. Gonna make a hot cup of tea, put my feet up, and listen to it again :D Can you put up your summer piece as well?

Great work,

ChrisE

Randall
05-26-2005, 07:34 AM
Its great, i really liked it. It could seriously go into some movie, a love comedy :D :D
Keep up like that, Waiting for a summer piece.

sugar hari
05-26-2005, 09:50 AM
Jared - loved it! Full of mirth and wide-eyed wonder. A Journey. A tune that makes you want to let go of the handlebars! Good song to upload into an iPod and go for a run. Caution: girl twirling w/ occasional cartwheel.

I don't know ...I'm just in the mood for this kind of music.

You've captured the heart of a whirling dervish.

Jared Hudson
05-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Its great, i really liked it. It could seriously go into some movie, a love comedy :D :D
Keep up like that, Waiting for a summer piece.

Already have a summer piece. It's older and isn't as long, but here it is.

http://www.jaredhudson.com/music/Jared%20Hudson%20-%20A%20Summer%20Dream.mp3

Jared

SergeD
05-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Jared,

At last i heard Qlso with woodwinds ! You are very melodic, your music has an emotionnal meaning. It's a gift for a composer. Which version of Qlso are you using ?

SergeD

metrobot
05-29-2005, 12:58 PM
you're one of the few EWQLSO writers who makes this library sound good with something other than whole notes!! (just kidding. I meant quarter notes). THe way the strings feel bouncy and alive is great. I liked summer a lot.

you get a star.