PDA

View Full Version : SBallard

SBallard
06-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Name:Steve Ballard
Credits:I've been credited with doing alot of things. Some of which I still deny to this day.

I have been lurking here on the forums for a few days. I bought EWQL Symphony Gold and am still waiting for the delivery gods to smile upon me. I am very anxious to receive it.

I am indeed a amateur or newb, whatever you wish to call it. When it comes to composing music I am somewhat of an old dog learning new tricks. I have made music in the past, but have really been trying to set myself into one genre of music. I keep coming back to classical orchestration, because I believe that it conveys more emotions than the other genres. I'm currently using Sonar 5, Korg Karma and a couple of other soft synths on a PC.

I retired from the U.S. Airforce 10 years ago and have been privliaged to visit England, Germany, Austria, Italy and Luxembourg.

I have read every post on here and think there is some very good talent here. Basically I'm here to watch, listen and learn. Everyone here seems to be down to earth and just plain good people.

Nathan Allen Pinard
06-27-2006, 04:31 PM
That has got to be sheer pain waiting for that to be delivered.

I had the same thing just waiting for a Logic Pro Tutorial book, and I don't even have any new EW stuff.

When we make the huge order for gear and software, I'm going to go bar hopping 24/7 till it gets here, or maybe play video games till my eyes bleed.

fongi
06-28-2006, 02:29 AM
Hi Steve and welcome youŽll have fun here !! :D

SBallard
06-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Nathan - I was more than anxious to get it. I got it today, installed it and have been playing around with it for a little while now. :) Might I suggest you do both, while you wait for that big order to come in? :D

Fongi - Thank you for the welcome, I'm already enjoying the benifits of being a member here.