PDA

View Full Version : Add Menu Bar and Keyboard Commands for Context Menus

Annabelle
09-09-2013, 04:44 AM
I know this might be a lot of hard work, but here's an idea. Someone suggested adding mouse wheel options for context menus. How about this one? I wonder if it is possible to add more key commands to the interfaces, dialogue boxes, options menus, and other context menus. This is especially relevant to the main menu that contains commands like "Open Instrument", "Save Instrument", "Save Instrument As", and "Delete Instrument". Also, I wonder if there is a menu command of a dropdown menu to manually select the MIDI channel to which an instrument can be assigned? This is especially important for those like me who are blind and can't rely on a mouse without sighted help. Here's a list of items that JAWS recognizes. Each one has an explanation next to it. Mac users with a screenreader would press the equivalent key to the Alt Key and the Applications Key (the Command Key or the Option Key). Since I haven't used a Mac in a while, I'm not sure which one is equivalent to the two keys. I'm confused as to whether it's the Command Key that's equivalent to the Alt Key and the Option Key that's equivalent to the Applications key or vice versa. Note that all of these have to be text-based, especially if you have them as part of dialogue boxes.
1. 3-State Button (a button that can be either checked, partially checked, or unchecked)
2. Button
3. Button Dropdown A list of buttons that Can usually be opened by pressing Alt + the down arrow key)
4. Button Menu (A list of buttons that Can usually be opened by pressing the down arrow key)
5. Checkbox (Can be either checked or unchecked by pressing the spacebar)
6. Combo Box (For selecting from a dropdown list of options, opened by pressing the Alt+Down Arrow Key)
7. Context Menu (Can usually be activated by pressing the "Applications Key or the Numpad Star key)
8. Dialogue
9. Edit
10. Edit Combo (Where you can either type in an option, or press Alt+Down Arrow to open a Dropdown list of items)
11. Extended Select List Box
12. Graphic (Usually has to be labeled with text, otherwise it is only recognized as a graphic with a number)
13. Group Box
14. Header Bar
15. Hot Key (The assigned keyboard shortcut for a command)
16. Left-Right Slider (For controls that can be increased or decreased by pressing value change keys)
17. Link
18. List Box
19. List View
20. Menu Bar (The kind that can be activated by pressing the Alt key)
21. MS Active Accessibility
22. Multiline Edit
23. Multi Select List Box
24. Password Edit
25. Radio Button (For buttons that can be either checked or unchecked)
26. Read Only Edit
27. SpinBox
28. Static
29. Status Bar
30. Tab Control (For dialogue boxes with multiple tabs. Each tab can be navigated to by pressing Control+Tab or Control+shift+tab, and each option within a tab can be navigated to by pressing Tab or Shift+Tab.)
31. Toolbar (Includes text with the buttons)
32. Tool Tip
33. Tree View (For lists that are divided into categories. Categories can be opened or closed with the Left/right Arrow keys, and Categories and options within the view can be scrolled through with up/down arrow keys.)
34. Up-Down Slider (Like "Left-Right Slider", this is also For controls that can be increased or decreased by pressing value change keys)