PDA

View Full Version : How about a range of steel drums?

flickerflix
09-29-2013, 07:49 AM
It is amazing what a steel band orchestra can do!

Annabelle
10-04-2013, 07:43 AM
That sounds interesting. Doesn't Stormdrums 2 or RA have Steel Drums? I know Stormdrums 2 has a Hangdrum, which I'm not sure if that's the same.

flickerflix
10-04-2013, 12:31 PM
There is a single steel drum - so sort of like only having a single instrument in the orchestra. It is fine if just needed for backing/atmosphere. I have looked in my non-EW world libraries and it is either not included or only a single drum is present.

Annabelle
10-05-2013, 08:08 AM
There is a single steel drum - so sort of like only having a single instrument in the orchestra. It is fine if just needed for backing/atmosphere. I have looked in my non-EW world libraries and it is either not included or only a single drum is present.

Which one has the steel drum? I'm not sure if it's Stormdrums 2 or RA.

flickerflix
10-05-2013, 12:56 PM
I actually just re-checked and could only find an EWQL steel drum in Goliath as part of the GM bank - so, not brilliant. The competitor's products are also not brilliant (at least the ones I have). Given that it is a major instrument in the Caribbean (and a part of the Parrothead sound as well) them it is an omission.

Annabelle
10-05-2013, 08:00 PM
I actually just re-checked and could only find an EWQL steel drum in Goliath as part of the GM bank - so, not brilliant. The competitor's products are also not brilliant (at least the ones I have). Given that it is a major instrument in the Caribbean (and a part of the Parrothead sound as well) them it is an omission.
Funny thing is, I would have thought that it would be in RA, under "Americas And Australia". I have Tapspace Virtual Drumline, powered by Kontakt, and it seems to have some steel drums in there.