PDA

View Full Version : Saluti a tutti!

Calcatelli
06-30-2006, 11:56 AM
Hi to all!

I've been here hanging around the ESSO forums for some time and gladly take this occasion to introduce myself.

My name is Christian Calcatelli and I'm a composer pianist. I am really just getting into working with VIs (all from East West of course!) as I have always been into solo piano music... Now is the battle for me between piano and strings and electricity and hard/software! :)

It'll be a big learning curve but I'm sure I'll find support from all of you! :)

I live in Rome Italy (but am half italian half american)and regularly play around the Eternal City in my style which is soundtrack/classical contemporary/new age.

The most important thing Ive done with music is my 60 hour 1 minute solo piano concert which was broadcast live over the internet and which was officially recognized by Guinness World Records as the worlds longest solo music internet broadcast.

I improvised on a fantastic STEINWAY D concert grand for the whole time - it was quite an experience - Check my site out at www.calcatelli.com to listen to samples recorded live at that event and some of my studio recordings.

All the best!

Christian

paoling
06-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Hi Christian! I' m italian too, I remember your music maratona...
I did a listen sometimes, and your improvvisations were very very good!
I can' t realize how you did it!

Paolo

Kaatza_Music
06-30-2006, 04:49 PM
The most important thing Ive done with music is my 60 hour 1 minute solo piano concert which was broadcast live over the internet and which was officially recognized by Guinness World Records as the worlds longest solo music internet broadcast.

And you did this without any performance enhancing substances? Wow! ;)

fongi
07-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Hey Christian welcome aboard ! Nice website you have very professional. Chris :D

Stefan Podell
07-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Hi to all!

I've been here hanging around the ESSO forums

Welcome.

Isn't ESSO an oil company? :)

MacMatt
07-01-2006, 03:34 PM

:D :D :D

Ecliptic
07-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Welcome.

Stefan,

It's not because of the 60 hours of piano playing in a row. Is that damned extra "1 minute" that endangered Christian's clearness of mind.

However it's not a bad idea for the next sounds library "sounds from an oil well drilling".

Ciao Christian, a big hug.

Calcatelli
07-02-2006, 12:23 AM
LOLs,

Never does good to write a post at 1 am!
Guess i meant EWQL... But you all new that, right?!

In any case i can say that using EWQL products unleasheas energy just like Oil burning up!
Then again the idea of "Sounds of an oil extraction factory in the middle of the Pacific" doesn't sound all-together that bad!

;)

Christian C.

WoodIsGood
07-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Welcome. I just read about the 60 hour, 1 minute event on your site and looked at the photos. Man, what an accomplishment! You must have been dead tired and beat. I can't imagine sitting at a piano, making stuff up for that long. But, I do have one question for you, and I don't mean this with any disrespect at all . . . how did you use the bathroom while sitting at the piano? :o :D

Calcatelli
07-02-2006, 09:02 AM
No worries,

That's the same question all the 30,000 people who followed the event asked!
Actually Guinness World Records imposes on you a 15 minute break every 8 hours of non stop activity - its mandatory - if you dont do it they will disregard the record.
Funny enough though, they like to call it a "bio-break" cuz that's basically all you have time to do!

:D

In my case my restroom (literally a room with a toilet with a resting space!) was about 150 feet away from the piano so each time the timer went off i had to gather my energies and run to the RESTroom (I'm almost making it sound like the hatch on LOST!)

IN any case check some of the wild FAQ which came thru (And which I answered) on

http://www.calcatelli.com/index.php?page=tcp04faq

Well, since this forum is about music, I take this opportunity to share this TEMPORARY link with you guys which contains the complete content of the 1st eCD I sell entitled "A Broken Record vol. 1 - Original music from The Calx Project" It's a selection of some of the music I improvised during the event which I gathered after re-listening to all the 60 hours of recordings... It was recorded live so... you'll hear all sorts of .. interesting sounds according to what was going on at the Alberto Sordi Gallery.... PLus it's 100 % improvisation... The link will be active for 48 hours after which I'll kill it. :D

http://www.calcatelli.com/emusic2

Let me know what you think - can't wait until I get stuff going with my EWQL stuff!

Ciao!

Christian Calcatelli
http://www.calcatelli.com

Stefan Podell
07-03-2006, 09:57 AM
In any case i can say that using EWQL products unleasheas energy just like Oil burning up!
Then again the idea of "Sounds of an oil extraction factory in the middle of the Pacific" doesn't sound all-together that bad!

:D