PDA

View Full Version : Voices Of Passion 2

jfuchs23
10-09-2013, 06:00 PM
A new library of two or three solo voices which can be written for using Symphonic Choir's Wordbuilder.

Malys
10-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Personally I prefer the samples as they are: implementing Wordbuilder features would ruin the immediacy that distinguishes VoP, in my opinion.

What I'm really looking forward to see is a male ethnic voices library! It would be awesome.

VOICES OF VIRILITY.

Just joking about the name but seriously, it would be a great collection.

C4L88
10-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Yeah I had mentioned something like this a bit ago. My basic suggestions are:

Obviously, more voices. Both male and female, from multiple regions (perhaps even some re-recordings of regions in the original). Would love to see stuff like throat singing, gregorian chants, etc.

But also, "phrase builder." I'm not a huge fan of using the pre-recorded phrases in VOP, not because they're bad, but because, to me, they restrict creativity in a sense. I can go into Logic's "Flex-Pitch" and adjust it, but even then you can't change it too drastically or you get nasty artifacts. So my whole concept of "phrase builder" would be very short snippets of phrases, instead of a whole entire phrase, and you can piece this snippets together to make your own. It would take some experimentation but it could perhaps lead to the building of fluid phrases.

And of course, true legato and continuous/crossfading dynamics and vibrato. :D

JHMusic
10-10-2013, 03:05 AM
The technology for a realistic Wordbuilder for solo voices is still quite far away. It works for choirs because having an ensemble of voices can help to mitigate phasing issues resulting from the absurd amount of crossfading necessary isn't as big of an problem, and you're less prone to noticing performance irregularities since everything is much less well defined than a solo voice. There's also a ton of nuances that you naturally expect from a solo vocal performance, but not a choral ensemble, which means that the dimensionality of the performance space you're trying to capture is immense if you want it to sound anywhere near believable.

Scarpoint
11-27-2013, 08:14 AM
I would definately buy VoP 2.
What i would like to see is better legato samples.
It is possible to sample "Ah", "Oh", "Oo", "Eh", "Ee" etc with true legato, and i would be happy with just that, done with several different vocalists.

The dream would be Merethe Soltvedt's vocals in VoP2 :D

Boberg
12-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Give us Lisa Gerrard's voice aswell! ;)

Scarpoint
12-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Give us Lisa Gerrard's voice aswell! ;)

That would almost be too much magic for one sample library :P

jfuchs23
12-03-2013, 08:44 AM
I've done some pretty wild things with sound design to make realistic sounding voices and instrument phrases and I agree that it'd be a hefty coding job complete with heavy system requirements. With SSD tech getting cheaper and light-signal processor technology on the way I think anything could be possible.