PDA

View Full Version : Kompakt full version more stable?

tango9jeff
05-25-2005, 06:59 AM
Anyone hear if the full version of kompakt is more stable then the modified version you get wtih the GOLD and SILVER libaries? I'm trying to get a simple sampler that will let me import giga and wav files for adding to my orchestrations. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys
Jeff

ToddK
05-25-2005, 07:08 AM
Simple sampler? I dont think there's such a thing.. :) LOL

I would seriously consider getting Kontakt 2.

The engine/DFD is worlds better. You can run all your EW stuff in it (Stormdrum
Gold etc..) wich i find is extremely convienient, especially in huge arrangements
with lots of instruments.
You can have a seperate output for literally every single instrument if you want.
There's even a screen in wich you can see all the settings regarding DFD, voices
being used, memory, etc All In Real Time as your sequencer plays!!. :eek: Hello!!

I cant even tell you how much better it is than the old Kompakt/Kontakt 1.5
No contest at all.

If you do this fairly seriously, and you plan to expand your EW libs, you owe
it to yourself to have it. You're gonna need it frankly... ;)

TK

Neilfactory
05-25-2005, 07:10 AM
I cant even tell you how much better it is than the old Kompakt/Kontakt 1.5
No contest at all.
Oh yes!No problem.

Neil.

janila
05-25-2005, 07:42 AM
Kontakt2 isn't only the best sampler to import EW libraries. It is the best sampler PERIOD. :cool: It only needs the output routing working. That should come soon in the 2.1 update.

tango9jeff
05-25-2005, 07:46 AM
Yea I was just trying to get something simple for "pro samles world vocals and ethnic instruments" I ordered to waste my last user buy points on hehe! I guess I'll just save a bit more and get Kontakt 2 dang its alot more money!! hehe Thanks guys =)

Jeff

janila
05-25-2005, 09:12 AM
Are you eligible to any discounts? Anyway it'll be worth it. The included library is also very nice and most likely you are going to find a lot of usable stuff there.

tango9jeff
05-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Yea I can get the discount from I guess 539 to about 339 I think. Not a bad deal =)

ToddK
05-25-2005, 09:44 AM
That IS a great deal. It really is worth it.

TK

AndyFinkenstadt
05-25-2005, 10:41 AM
I bought K2 UPGRADE, since I had some other kompakt instrument players... about 12 or so, at this point. :)

Miguelo Adorno
05-25-2005, 01:05 PM
I've been thinking about K2 too..

Exactly how considerable is the enhancement in DFD performance comparing to EWQLSO's own Kompakt instrument? Let's say I have a session with 5 full instances of GOLD. If I load all the same programs in one K2 instance, can I see (or hear) the difference in polyphony, cpu meter, etc?

- Mikko

AndyFinkenstadt
05-25-2005, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure... I was thinking the K2 limit was still 16 "banks" loaded, per instance, each of which can be playing 1 instrument. But I am probably confusing that with K1 full.

On the other hand, there are "only" 32 outputs from K2, so each of the 16 banks can have their stereo output sent to their own buss.