PDA

View Full Version : Gold/Gold Pro Upgrade Questions

shnurgle
05-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Hi.
I just purchased Gold. Sounds good and the variety of patches is solid. I have some questions:

1. IS it possible to turn off the release trails in Gold? When used in conjunction with a conv reverb, the release trails just sound bad. I'd like to turn them off to achieve the smooth verb quality I got using conv verb with Silver.

2. Gold PRo Upgrade: Will it have all the original PLatinum articulations AS WELL AS the patches listed for Gold PRo upgrade on the web site?

3. Will Gold Pro Upgrade simply add patches to my existing Gold library, or will it have to be loaded as a seperate instrument other than Gold.

4. Will Gold Pro Upgrade have the full Steinway piano?

Thank you.

Stefan Podell
05-25-2005, 12:54 PM
1. Yes, with some work in the sampler. There's no simple option to do it.

2. Yes.

3. Gold Pro will be a separate instrument. If you have Kontakt (or the full version of Kompakt, I guess), you could combine them as you want.

4. I'm pretty sure yes, but I'm not sure.

CeXzer
05-25-2005, 12:58 PM
1, Can you only do it if you have kompakt full, or kontakt full?

Stefan Podell
05-25-2005, 01:12 PM
I've never wanted to do it, so I'm not positive. But I'm pretty sure you can do it in the Kompakt Instrument (included player).

Magpie
05-25-2005, 01:22 PM
So do I understand correctly that the only differance between Gold pro and Platinum pro
is that Gold pro is only 16 bit and one mic position but other than that it has all the instruments and articulations that platinum had and Platinum pro will have ?

"3. Gold Pro will be a separate instrument. If you have Kontakt (or the full version of Kompakt, I guess), you could combine them as you want."

why will they not load in the same Kompakt ? it seems odd to have to open another
Kompakt just to maybe add another articulation :confused:

shnurgle
05-25-2005, 01:27 PM
thx,
so how do get the "full kompakt version"?
what the dif btw Kompakt full and Kontakt?

Magpie
05-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Oh also forgot to ask how many GB is Gold pro ?

Magpie
05-26-2005, 04:04 AM
So do I understand correctly that the only differance between Gold pro and Platinum pro
is that Gold pro is only 16 bit and one mic position but other than that it has all the instruments and articulations that platinum had and Platinum pro will have ?

"3. Gold Pro will be a separate instrument. If you have Kontakt (or the full version of Kompakt, I guess), you could combine them as you want."

why will they not load in the same Kompakt ? it seems odd to have to open another
Kompakt just to maybe add another articulation :confused:

Can someone please clarify this for me and also tell me how many Gigabytes Gold pro is

thanks!

awpmusic
05-26-2005, 04:16 AM
Can someone please clarify this for me and also tell me how many Gigabytes Gold pro is

thanks!

I'd like this clarified too - although I can't see any reason why the samples and nki files can't be installed in the same directories as Gold - and used together.