PDA

View Full Version : Purge...

NovaSon
01-07-2014, 10:27 AM
I'm going to go ahead and throw in with what is basically becoming a tsunami of consensus...A "purge samples" option that is remembered when recalling/reloading a project. Pretty please? Thanks in advance.

gstitt
01-07-2014, 01:24 PM
I thought they announced they were adding this, and had actually already implemented it.

NovaSon
01-07-2014, 06:01 PM
If that be the case then awesome..I just don't see a purge samples button on Play yet...

mrdsee
01-07-2014, 07:02 PM
It's suppose to be in the next update.

Jose7822
01-07-2014, 07:39 PM
PLAY has had a purge button since forever. It's hidden under a menu entry though (under the "File" menu?).

mrdsee
01-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Should have said "Purge function with a memory" will be in the next update. Otherwise the purge function is basically useless.

C4L88
01-08-2014, 04:56 AM
Granted it has been a while since I purged some samples and opened the project again afterwords, I'm pretty sure it remembered it...

if so I was on Play 3 at the time

Gabriel2010
01-08-2014, 06:49 AM
The problem is that Play 4 does not remember like it was in Play 3, but I thing is going to be fix it in the next update.

NovaSon
01-08-2014, 09:50 AM
so yea, I found the purge function..under main menu..advanced instrument properties. Thing is first of all it is only available inside my DAW and second it doesn't seem to actually do anything. I guess basically what I'm looking for is the ability to load all my Play's in a template in my DAW but only have the instruments that I use on a track draw from the cpu. In other words I have a template set up..I have like 9 Plays set up that hold every single instrument in the library all routed to midi outs so I can just click on any instrument I want..but I think the whole library is drawing on the cpu by just being in the template. I Know VE Pro is the answer here but..we are not there yet.

janila
03-12-2014, 06:23 AM
The purge doesn't load anything, the function is in an awkward place for regular use, the window shows 14 instruments even if 16 are loaded, there is no graphical feedback of the load state...

Please fix this. I don't want to buy more memory to be able to wait more to load samples I'm not going to use. Completely purged (instantly loading) template on SSDs is the way to go.

NovaSon
03-13-2014, 11:17 AM
This is not a biggie for me anymore because I (once again) decided that templates just annoy me...so I just load what I need now...although I noticed something new in that after awhile sometimes an instrument will start dropping samples and I have to actually reload the instrument to make it act right again. The Play engine is a strange beast...or maybe it's my DAW. I gave up on expecting consistency with any software. I just roll with the flow now.

helen
06-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Hi,
this should have been fixed for a while now.
The purge option is under Main Menu>Advanced Instrument Properties.

Helen