PDA

View Full Version : Imitation Vibrato

neburling
02-04-2014, 02:39 PM
I find myself wanting to add vibrato to instruments that don't include it as part of the instrumen7t patch. I end up doing this with the pitch bend in my host sequencing software either by hand or with LFOs/Automation clips.

I wish you guys would add an imitation vibrato on a simple sine wave lfo with amount and speed controls.

Ping
04-11-2014, 02:17 AM
Good addition if combined with MIDI Learn (CC).

I would love to see more polished manipulation tools producing believable/awesome results without using heavy instrument load and many articulations.

trumpoz
04-11-2014, 02:51 AM
I hate to burst your bubble here but I don't think EastWest will do it. I am yet to hear an imitation vibrato that doesn't sound synthetic - why put something that sounds so poor with their great sounds? There are patches with the musicians playing vibrato in the Hollywood Series as well.

pkm
04-11-2014, 03:24 AM
I hate to burst your bubble here but I don't think EastWest will do it. I am yet to hear an imitation vibrato that doesn't sound synthetic - why put something that sounds so poor with their great sounds? There are patches with the musicians playing vibrato in the Hollywood Series as well.

I disagree, not that EW won't do it, but that all synthetic or modeled vibrato sounds bad. I've heard some very good ones from other developers. Works much better (almost exclusively) with dry libraries though. You don't want to modulate the ambience!

jspencer
04-11-2014, 12:15 PM
If you own Symphonic Orchestra, many of the DXF patches offer vibrato when the MOD wheel is applied, particularly in the solo instrument sections.