PDA

View Full Version : Advice

bigbeats01
05-25-2005, 09:44 PM
I currently have Silver so my question is: should I buy the silver upgrade or the orgianl Gold version that is now on sale? Which is better for the money? Any opinions with some reasoning to back it up is appreciated!

THanks

tango9jeff
05-25-2005, 11:13 PM
I'd go with GOLD. The samples were chromatically sampled in gold plus you get the release trails *AKA* natural reverb with each sample. You get a bit more dynamic articulations with gold and some that you dont get in silver. I'd say it depends on the type of writing you want to do, I"m not sure what all samples are in Silver pro but I hear its more solo stuff but gold has more BIG section stuff which is great for me. So thats my 2 cents I'd say move up to gold and then save for gold pro. =)

Jeff

Steve Millikan
05-25-2005, 11:25 PM
There are a number of variables that you know that we don't that will probably affect your decision. That aside, here is my take on your situation. Consider your computer. If it's a laptop, Silver is what EW reccommends. If it's not, if you can afford Gold, I'd go for it. There's a reason it costs more; you get more.

The flip side of that is, you probably could be really happy with Silver pro. If Silver was the only Orch product EW had on the market, we would think it was the greatest, because of the room and the players and the miking. Silver is b&w TV before color seemed possible. Nah, that's not right. We have no collective memory of how great b&w was when we first got TV's. More to the point - I had Gold and was thrilled. Now I have Platinum. I like it better. I could have been really happy with Gold, though, for a LONG time, esp if I eventually got Pro to go along with.

If cost is causing you to lean Silver Pro, consider getting Gold Pro when you can afford it to augment your Silver, and then eventually Gold to replace Silver, since you can use S and GP in tandem. That combo might not fill in all the blanks, but a great number of them.

Look at the bright side. There is no bad decision here!

doubleforte
05-26-2005, 01:29 AM
Cheers Steve - you've certainly helped me make my mind up! Has to be Gold.

ff

RokGeetar
05-26-2005, 02:20 AM
Look at the bright side. There is no bad decision here!

"look at the bright side", there is no Dark Side!

Gotta be Gold - with an eventual Pro upgrade.

bigbeats01
05-27-2005, 04:52 PM
thanks guys! but now i am wondering if i should get the Choir,RA,SIlver Pro bundle to round out my library. I hesitate cause the demos of the choir library weren't what i expected and someone told me that RA didnt have many intruments for the money. But then again I never owned RARE so it would be a considerable addition. Has anyone got any advice on RA?