PDA

View Full Version : Creating our own custim Keyswitches

Boberg
02-27-2014, 06:20 AM
Hi,

Being able to create our own custom Keyswitches (being able to change what samples are available in a Keyswitch) is the number one feature to add to play in my opinion. I'm sure pretty much all PLAY users would appreciate this feature, as it can save you so much resources aswell as make your templates more organised. It would improve the workflow drastically.

There has already been a thread about this that was closed.
http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/showthread.php?t=42701&

It was posted one and half a year ago, and the feature has yet to be added. If there is any information about this already being in developement, then please tell me/us and you can close this thread. But as far as I know there is no information at all.

trumpoz
02-27-2014, 12:50 PM
There is nothing to tell - that is why there is nothing posted anywhere.

Boberg
02-27-2014, 01:38 PM
There is nothing to tell - that is why there is nothing posted anywhere.

Yes, quite obviously. I was refering to the fact that the previous thread was closed, without any reason given. Why close a thread if there's still speculation to be done about it?

pkm
02-27-2014, 02:04 PM
What speculation is there? As far as I know, EW knows it's a often-requested feature and they haven't said if they will implement it. Hopefully they will, but if not you can use TransMIDIfier or something similar.

Boberg
02-27-2014, 02:45 PM
What speculation is there? As far as I know, EW knows it's a often-requested feature and they haven't said if they will implement it. Hopefully they will, but if not you can use TransMIDIfier or something similar.

Speculation might have been the wrong word, but my main point is to push this. There has already been a very long time since the first post was made regarding it. If we just let the last thread be closed, and no more words about it, it's obvious EW won't feel as pushed to implement it. However, if a lot of people show their interest in the feature, the chances are it will be implemented sooner.

If you check in the previous thread, there were also some post regarding how to overcome the problem. I'd certainly like to keep these comming aswell.