PDA

View Full Version : Harp

JoeyJRP
03-02-2014, 08:15 PM
In not shure if you already have this or not, but it would be nice with a Harp.

Thanks.:)

Conrick
06-14-2014, 07:47 PM
EastWests Symphonic Orchestra includes a Harp with few patches and Goliath includes also 1 patch of a Harp if i remember correctly

i guess your suggestion is to make it as single vst then?

interpolate
06-15-2014, 02:59 AM
A QL Solo harp would be good covering some of the more esoteric playing techniques. Anyway eventually they could be enough sections and solo parts to have a one-shop production.

JoeyJRP
06-15-2014, 08:04 AM
That would be nice but, I own Hollywood string, brass, wind etc.. It would be nice with an harp in those sample library's.:violin:

interpolate
06-15-2014, 12:05 PM
There's a few techniques for playing a harp. Here's some I found....

Arpeggio
Glissando
Glissando 7
Glissando Cross
Single Notes
Secco
Etouffé
Prés De La Table
Plectrum
Fingernail
Vibrato
Repetitions
Multiple Fingering
Chords
Trill
Tremolo
Bisbigliando
Harmonics

Depending on how detailed the sampling was would determine much CPU/space would be needed however I bought Solo Violin and maybe I'm not using it right but I find underwhelming.

Bryan
06-17-2014, 09:10 AM
I think most people find the Solo Violin underwhelming and that is a first for me with East West.

MPDmike
06-17-2014, 02:13 PM
The trouble with solo instruments is that they are totally exposed. If the sampling and principles behind the solo library are not perfectly thought out then it will sound false.

It seems to me that lots of solo type libraries like to use recorded phrases, because they sound more natural. I don't know the answer, but I am sure that the folks down at EastWest have pondered on this problem endlessly.

C4L88
06-18-2014, 07:11 AM
The trouble with solo instruments is that they are totally exposed. If the sampling and principles behind the solo library are not perfectly thought out then it will sound false.

It seems to me that lots of solo type libraries like to use recorded phrases, because they sound more natural. I don't know the answer, but I am sure that the folks down at EastWest have pondered on this problem endlessly.

I...half-agree. You can listen to solo horns and winds from EW and other producers and they sound great, but I can agree that string instruments have a whole different type of expression that make it very hard to sample where as you put, a lot of libraries use prerecorded phrases. I think it will be awhile before there can be a fully-playable solo string library that can come close to a live performance. Actually have considering buying and learning the cello :violin: (no cello smilies ;) )

However I think a solo harp library is a definite possibility without sounding out of place. I mean, the SO harp sounds great and it's solo :p
Though different techniques are what will set it apart