PDA

View Full Version : VST Loading To Do list

reboagni
03-03-2014, 06:09 PM
I'm not sure how possible this would be, but it would be nice if you could select more than one instrument/mic position to load and play would just load them in the order you selected. That way, you could select a few things, do your taxes, then return to your sequencer to find everything loaded up.

trumpoz
03-03-2014, 06:33 PM
You can - do it once and save the template in your DAW or save as a multi.

gstitt
03-04-2014, 10:36 AM
But that doesn't help when you need to make a huge number of one-time changes. For example, loading new mics for all of the articulations loaded in a given project. It just isn't practical to have an identical template for every combination of mic positions. So, I can see some usefulness of this feature. Of course, the mic issue could be more elegantly handed with its own feature, which has already been suggested.

It would probably be pretty easy to add a "multiple load" option where you just select the ewi files for everything you want to load. It would be even better if you could script this to rapidly create different templates. I'm constantly in the process of revising my templates, so it would be nice to have a more automated process for doing this. In addition, it would be way less of a pain when there are instrument updates. It takes me hours to revise my templates to include an update.

jspencer
03-05-2014, 11:11 AM
Or preload everything into a VEPro template, then you never have to load anything at all between projects.