PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic Steel Strummer Collection

kj.metissage
04-28-2014, 02:13 PM
Hi guys,

Can I throw a suggestion for a future library ?

What about an acoustic steel guitars strummer collection.

With the left hand you chose the chord, and with the right hand you trigger upstrokes and downstrokes with 2 fingers. It could also offer mutes.

And like in Vir2 Acou6tics, the interface would let you customize the voicing of the chords, and offer chord inversions.

Featuring guitar models like : Martin D-41, Lowden O25C, Guild D-40, or Gibson J-45 for instance.

Recorded with 2 mics, for mono and stereo use. So you could chose between 2 sample sets for each guitar (1 sample set per mic). And with 4 dynamic velocity layers.

It would be great, to finally be able to have a "country" like tone, with "in your face" hard strumming.

pkm
04-28-2014, 08:32 PM
You seem to have good ideas. Why don't you make it?

C4L88
04-28-2014, 10:27 PM
I think the best way to go about getting the smoothest sound would be to have the left hand choose the chords and then in the right hand the keys play a series of repetitive, preset rhythms. I say this as a guitarist myself so I admit my bias now, but the actual strumming motion is such a fluid sound that playing a trill of sorts probably won't result in a smooth sound; even with a lot of round robin sampling. If there were a ton of preset strumming rhythms that you would trigger in your right hand and then being able to change the chord in the left would probably be the way to achieve the smoothest sound

kj.metissage
04-29-2014, 11:28 AM
You seem to have good ideas. Why don't you make it?
I'm not a sample library developer, nor a recording engineer...

To each his own talent.

Annabelle
04-29-2014, 05:56 PM
Are you thinking of something along the lines of Strum Acoustic, made by Applied Acoustics in Canada? That one is something along the lines of physical modeling. Or are you thinking of an interactive VST with live guitar samples that would be made the same as other Play instruments?

kj.metissage
04-29-2014, 06:01 PM
Are you thinking of something along the lines of Strum Acoustic, made by Applied Acoustics in Canada? That one is something along the lines of physical modeling. Or are you thinking of an interactive VST with live guitar samples that would be made the same as other Play instruments?
More something with live guitar samples. Physical modeling doesn't sound good enough IMHO.

Annabelle
04-29-2014, 06:41 PM
More something with live guitar samples. Physical modeling doesn't sound good enough IMHO.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on that one. What would be even better is to bundle it with an acoustic nylon strummer and an Electric strummer.