PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

j0nmark
07-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Hey all. I've been a bit of a lurker on here since the RA Group Buy, which was my first purchase from SoundsOnline. Thought I'd introduce myself and get to be a part of the group here. I'm from Texas and I've been involved with music since I was a kid. I'm a classically trained pianist, but have experience in all styles and like experimenting with all different kinds of music.

Currently, I'm teaching private piano and composing music on the side. I'm hoping to make composing my full-time job. I just recently purchased the Symphonic Choirs with WordBuilder to help me with a movie trailer music library I'm doing some tracks for. It took me a while to get it setup and running and it does hog my CPU power, but I have to say it's totally worth it. It sounds amazing!

Anyway, if you'd like to listen to some of my music you can go to:

www.jonathangeer.com (then just click on music)

I just did a big update so there's lots of new stuff on there. Some of the first few tracks feature the Symphonic Choirs. Let me know what you think!

-- Jonathan

fongi
07-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi Jonathan, welcome, I looked on your Website, man you´ve got some good music and very well orchestrated! I listened to The Duel, Flight of the Beast and Dragon Wings, all great stuff. What software do you use for your productions? Chris :D

j0nmark
07-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Hey Chris,

Thanks for your comments! For most of my recent work I use Logic Pro on my iMac with a lot of different plug-ins. I created the Duel on my old PC(using Acid), which I still have, but don't use nearly as much. Within Logic I use the EXS24 all the time, using a combination of sounds from Vienna, Sonic Implants and Sam Horns. I want to try out the EastWest Orchestra eventually, but I've got plenty of sounds to keep me occupied for now :)

-- Jonathan