PDA

View Full Version : Unreadable Script in Play 4?

ArminasGGH
05-27-2014, 09:15 AM
Hi Fellows,

i've been thinking about this case for long time, but I was to lazy to write about :).

I have the impression that it's hard to read the script of Play 4, especially in the browser. It looks a little bit washy and it's exhausting for the eyes.

I think it was much better in some Play 3 versions.

If you don't know what I mean I will try to make a screen shot comparison.

Sorry if somebody has mentioned this case before me. I didn't find something about it in the forum.

ArminasGGH
06-12-2014, 02:09 AM
Hi again,

obviously nobody seems to understand what i mean :). So i made a screenshot with a comparison of PLAY 2 and PLAY 4.

So i think you see that the script looks much more washy in the new PLAY enginge, although the design of PLAY 4 looks better.

Is it possible to get a better script in the next update? My eyes would be very thankful :)!!!

interpolate
06-12-2014, 04:53 AM
The fonts (script) will appear to be better depending on your screen settings and display type. I find it sharp enough on my LG 24" LED panel however not as legible on the secondary TV/LCD monitor (I use over HDMI)....then again it's a cheap television.

The resolution I use is 1920x1080, so this should give me the most vivid image. As soon as you start playing around with the aspect ratio this is when things look odd.