PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Gold Mic upgrade

Marcusmax
12-11-2014, 03:55 PM
I'd love to see this. Like with the old SO Gold upgrade. The ability to purchase the other two mic positions for the Hollywood Gold series.

interpolate
12-11-2014, 04:20 PM
Other 4 you mean. That would be good although I think they hope we will just upgrade,

Marcusmax
12-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Other 4 you mean. That would be good although I think they hope we will just upgrade,

Yes of course.. I was still in SO Platinum land! I've no doubt you're right but we can have our wishes all the same can't we?

On the other hand, maybe my mistake could be taken seriously - another 2 mic positions could work well as an interim upgrade. I'd certainly pay for the ability to mix close, stage and surround again. Not sure I'd really need all 5.

Heroix
12-12-2014, 07:53 AM
+1 here

but also for the silver version please. i really dont need all that stuff in gold or diamond (yet?!), but the main mics for HS silver would be very very nice.

Fleer
12-12-2014, 01:01 PM
+1

trumpoz
12-12-2014, 04:17 PM
It would be great to be able to purchase another mic position or two. I don't know if it would be worth their while to be honest. The SO gold mic upgrade was taken offline due to problems with getting everything to install properly if I remember correctly. The time it would take to convert the samples to 16-bit etc plus the re-coding of installers and additional support may not make it viable. The current Gold to Diamond lists at $250 - combine that with the $100 discount code and the upgrade is a steal.

feelingfaceform
12-13-2014, 07:03 AM
Good idea. I think I dont need all, sometime I think I need some sound more far away. So then Im tweaking the reverb, but working with room mics would be great.

Marcusmax
12-13-2014, 07:42 AM
It would be great to be able to purchase another mic position or two. I don't know if it would be worth their while to be honest. The SO gold mic upgrade was taken offline due to problems with getting everything to install properly if I remember correctly. The time it would take to convert the samples to 16-bit etc plus the re-coding of installers and additional support may not make it viable. The current Gold to Diamond lists at $250 - combine that with the $100 discount code and the upgrade is a steal.

I take your point and yes I know there were problems with the SO mic upgrade. However for me to buy the upgrade to Diamond in Europe for any one of the libraries would cost in the region of $323 and that's including the current discount. That's to buy the licence from EW and the hard drive from Amazon. I did enquire in another thread about the possibility of buying the upgrade through the US site which might work out cheaper.

Edit: Actually I'm not sure it's possible for someone in Europe to purchase through the US site. Been experimenting with that and I keep getting re-directed to the EU. So it looks like the price would be as I've quoted.

I still think a couple of extra mics would be a great interim upgrade if it was viable for EW to produce.

Fleer
12-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Think you're right. Upgrading to Diamond is expensive because of the hard disk. Separate mic positions could be downloads. Something like $50 for the close mic.

Marcusmax
12-13-2014, 08:04 AM
Exactly. Except pretty soon it looks like they'll have to start charging VAT on downloads for those of us who live in Europe so you could add another 21% or so to that price!