PDA

View Full Version : Rough Start

ZAZAS
08-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Salutations all!

I just finished installing EWQLSO Silver XP on my PC today, working through some instillation problems, but thanks to this forum they are hopefully behind me. Since I suppose that everyone in this area of the forum is new to the product I wanted to ask, did anyone else have problems installing the software? I mean, I suppose that I found the solution, but I have two folders in my start menu now; one for Silver and the other for XP. The XP one launches just fine.

My concern is that I am not able to access the Silvers samples. Am I? I don't know. After copying the .nki files into the XP library I suppose that I do, but I am just looking for some reassurance. Is it normal to have this extra folder in your startup menu? My XP serial wouldn't work on the Silver version. Other than that I can't wait to get to work!

fongi
08-07-2006, 05:57 AM
Hi Zazas, what do you mean hell hole I love New York itīs a great place, just a bot too warm right now? anyway welcome! If I were you I would post your installation probem in Tech support and/or write to Sam Fischman. :D

XGener8or
08-08-2006, 08:25 AM
When you upgrade to XP, you move the samples to the XP folder. If you also want to keep running "non-xp" you must have two sets of the samples on your disk. One with only non-xp and one with everything, because XP uses samples from both sets.

At least that's what I have figured.

Am I right?

wesleydevore
08-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself ;)

You're absolutely right. The XP Kompakt players use both the expansion and the original sample files. What's that old saying? You're not losing an .nks file your gaining an .nki?

Sam Fischmann
08-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Hello ZAZAS,

I think I've posted this to you in another thread, but you do not copy any .nki files, you only copy the .nks files. That is what is posted in the instructions on our FAQ:

http://support.soundsonline.com/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=24&id=70&artlang=en

If you purchased the bundle, it also states that you do not need to install the original silver edition, because you are using all of the samples inside XP. If you were upgrading, you can simply use XP instead of the original edition in your future compositions.

-Sam