PDA

View Full Version : Organ

feelingfaceform
01-19-2015, 04:03 PM
As the other thread is closed and I couldnt comment on it, I open a new thread.
Some experiences: saw a great concert in the Musikverein last week with Bruckner.

Cant get enough of the new Interstellar soundtrack by Hans Zimmer. Amazing organ sound on that one.

I performed Poem de l'extase by Scriabin...here I remeber also the organ at the climax.

Koyanisquatsi by Glass is also I soundtrack that comes to my mind

So Hollywood orchestra without organ, once in the 17th century stated the king of all instrumenst, is not complete in my opinion.

christerholm
01-20-2015, 04:51 AM
There is a good organ in SO, it's actually in Silver but the patch won't get installed with the bigger ones, samples do however, but if you install the Silver instrument update, you will get it from there.

I did that with my Gold.

mrdsee
01-20-2015, 10:18 AM
There is a good organ in SO, it's actually in Silver but the patch won't get installed with the bigger ones, samples do however, but if you install the Silver instrument update, you will get it from there.

I did that with my Gold.

Did not know that, good find!
Likely one of the Church organs in Goliath, so I've got access to it. Wonder why it was not included in the Gold Edition.

peter5992
01-24-2015, 05:29 PM
I love the organ, but Hauptwerk is pretty much the benchmark when it comes to organs - hard for Eastwest to compete with.

Kontakt has some nice organs too, by the way.