PDA

View Full Version : Brad Fiedel's signature Sound Design

LMG
02-10-2015, 07:52 PM
No one can deny that the soundtrack for Terminator 2 is one of the best "synth" soundtracks of all time.
Why do I say "synth" between " " ? Well…it's been done with a couple Fairlight CMIs, which are samplers. For the Terminator 2 soundtrack, Brad Fiedel sampled organic sounds (a real violin, a hammer hitting a frying pan, etc.) and tweeked the parameters, layered and manipulated the samples, creating very interesting and still organic sounding sounds.
I think EW wouldn't be wrong if they considered this project and contacted Brad to ask him if he would be interested in sound designing a signature library. It would be something in the vein of the Dark Side but more synthy. It would be a nice addition if he also added the same presets he used for the Terminator 2 soundtrack (who wouldn't like to have those just for the nostalgia?).

What do you guys think?

C4L88
02-11-2015, 05:52 AM
I can say it isn't a bad idea; I'd love to get into more sound design-like stuff

BUT...

Doug Rogers said Play Pro is, still in fact, in development, which (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) is supposed to be able to let you really get into the nitty gritty of the sample and such

I wouldn't expect any consideration of it to happen until that project is finished up (they said hopefully by the end of this year) because I think any project like this would benefit from the supposed features of Play Pro

(I joined the forums after talk of Play Pro died down, so I only see the quite rare mentions of it now, but I'm pretty sure sample editing was the big thing about it)

Karuno LeKarnal
02-12-2015, 08:57 AM
Doug Rogers said Play Pro is, still in fact, in development

You mean like a Vienna Instrument Pro ?

Geez I want that. I want that so bad.